• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Theory on 'Spirits Mode'

User Info: CrazyLikeAPhox

CrazyLikeAPhox
3 years ago#1
I've been thinking, with the three gruesome deaths we've seen in trailers so far, and the 'heroes vs. villains' motif driven home in K. Rool's reveal, what if this 'Spirits Mode' or whatever it is is a story mode that eventually takes you to the Underworld to fight Hades and reclaim the souls of the fallen fighters?

I've never played Uprising, is KI Hades the keeper of the Underworld?

Anyway, just a shower thought I had, thought it might be pretty cool, though maybe a little dark for Smash.
October 23rd 2014: Mewtwo struck back!
"Mewtwo is far too powerful. We have failed to curb its vicious tendencies..."

User Info: At_Witts_End

At_Witts_End
3 years ago#2
He is indeed the Keeper of the underworld. It could work. Id prefer a Hero vs Villains story mode though where Bowser or Ganon or some other big bad is manipulating everyone.
KING K. ROOL IS FINALLY PLAYABLE!
FC: SW-4584-9593-4015

User Info: Nes_Mettaur

Nes_Mettaur
3 years ago#3
Kid Icarus bias, says GameFAQs?

Who cares, if Hades were the main villain that'd be totally worth it as long as they brought Scott Bullock back to just banter, rant, and shoot the breeze with the heroes.
Official Dr. Mario of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate board
(Also a girl, just to prevent any future confusion)

User Info: Kisai

Kisai
3 years ago#4
So we're acting like the game mode is definitely named "Spirits"?
WHO MODS THE MODERATORS?

User Info: Reverted_Pikkon

Reverted_Pikkon
3 years ago#5
I definitely see the spirit story mode being just that. Hades being the big boss and all.

User Info: bluedeathking

bluedeathking
3 years ago#6
It's a mode to replace event mode. It will have mini stories.

User Info: RedLotusX

RedLotusX
3 years ago#7
bluedeathking posted...

Hum yeah i haven't noticed event match anywhere, it would be cool if it was merged with adventure mode to make thing interesting.

User Info: Hirokey123

Hirokey123
3 years ago#8
RedLotusX posted...
bluedeathking posted...

Hum yeah i haven't noticed event match anywhere, it would be cool if it was merged with adventure mode to make thing interesting.

Event Match is presumably in the "games and more" tab.
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Theory on 'Spirits Mode'
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A