Do you main characters because you like them or because of their tier placement?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Do you main characters because you like them or because of their tier placement?

User Info: Thanos_Galactus

Thanos_Galactus
1 month ago#1
You main characters because you like who they are, or like the game series they represent? or you main them because they are in a good tier placement and just like to win?

User Info: SmokeRulz

SmokeRulz
1 month ago#2
Because I love 'em. Couldn't care about competitive play, outside of watching it.

User Info: Cariothemario

Cariothemario
1 month ago#3
I play characters because how they play
I don't care much about the character itself

I won't play a character as much if they're sm4sh jiggs level of bad

I main sm4sh shulk and pm ivysuar

User Info: Zinith

Zinith
1 month ago#4
I main Yoshi because he's my soul
I come up in unexpected places...

User Info: d4rkauras

d4rkauras
1 month ago#5
Both.

I’ll more often than not pick characters that I love. As long as they have options and can semi-consistently win games, I’ll stick with them. I think as a general rule of thumb, you should be well-versed in a top/high tier that you like both character and playstyle wise.

I also like playing characters I don’t necessarily love or even like. I like to learn new characters and explore what they can do. Smash is a lot more fun when you branch out your options.
3DS FC:4398-9899-1184

User Info: __Ryoki__

__Ryoki__
1 month ago#6
Absolutely because I like them

I mained Ganondorf since Brawl. Should tell you how much I care about tier lists.
"With the right amount of power, anything can be yours!" : Inspirational words from Hyrule Warriors Ganondorf | Orange Shy Guy of the MK8 Deluxe board

User Info: Dr_RudyMjolnir

Dr_RudyMjolnir
1 month ago#7
Anyone who picks for tier placement is scum.

User Info: TriforceX5

TriforceX5
1 month ago#8
bit of both

I'll play the characters with the best tails first, and then shuffle around till I land on one I can main and do well with.

That said, Mewtwo and Ridley are the two I have my eye on, and at the very least Mewtwo is looking strong so that might not be an issue this time.
TailLover here! I think tails are amazing and would love to have one, I bet it would feel amazing.
Check out my Tail Image Gallery! http://tinyurl.com/ne4hjws

User Info: hyjinx17

hyjinx17
1 month ago#9
Both. There are plenty of characters on the roster I like so I'm not going to saddle myself to someone who is straight up terrible when I want to play seriously.
Thanks for saving fighting games Goku!

User Info: Tyranidomega

Tyranidomega
1 month ago#10
I'll main Ridley because I like him
FC: 1693-0953-3350.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Do you main characters because you like them or because of their tier placement?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived