I hate unlocking characters.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. I hate unlocking characters.

User Info: jigglyweigel

jigglyweigel
3 months ago#1
When I get this game, I'm ready for my friends to dive right in, only to be met with a small fraction of the roster.

Hell I'll even pay extra to unlock them all for me.

User Info: Mudkip_in_Space

Mudkip_in_Space
3 months ago#2
I kinda agree. Starting with the original 12 is obnoxious. Unlocking 50+ characters is going to be tedious.
Hooray for Pichu, Young Link, and Pokemon Trainer returning!
~I will find any way to your wild heart~

User Info: MrAntike184

MrAntike184
3 months ago#3
Seems like you hate everything. Cry more.
>:]

User Info: NicoRobin007

NicoRobin007
3 months ago#4
Meh, I'm just glad they aren't doing the Splatoon roll out model for characters. I thought for sure when he was talking about this, that they were implying they'd release it with a small roster and roll out the rest in updates. But I agree, the unlockables are a bit annoying. Apparently some people are very into the whole unlocking thing. I remember a lot of people asking for it pre- Smash 4.
Hoping for Banjo-Kazooie in Super Smash Brothers- NicoRobin007 ?/?/1999
Other hopes: Acquiring Rare, Banjo Threeie, Dixie/Mewtwo/Toad in Smash.

User Info: Roll_kix_azz

Roll_kix_azz
3 months ago#5
They should have at least did up to Melee roster for starters tbh.
Remember: Roll is FTW, ppl who h8 her are FTL. This is a golden rule
Official PTS Sakura of the Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution board

User Info: 7656198

3 months ago#6
I think it's cool and fun. My favorite part of Smash. Maybe they'll have something for people like you to just buy it or something. Maybe it'll go fast? I still remember playing Brawl and Melee and just playing MP on launch night (for both) and it was always exciting when after a match the "Challenger Approaching" screen would pop.

I think it's doubly cool you start with the OG 12. Gonna be a great weekend for me. I agree with above though too, maybe should have at least done Melee's roster.
PSN: Snycher
Twitch @Snycherus & YouTube @Snycher

User Info: cruddy kong

cruddy kong
3 months ago#7
I think it’s fun. I especially liked how they were unlocked in Subspace Emissary. Really hoping for a story mode this time.
"Many young boys died at my burning fists"
PSN: WPhillyBoss22, NNID: RoryCalhoun, 3DS FC: 2852-8196-2204

User Info: TheLightMage

TheLightMage
3 months ago#8
i'm really excited for it. the "Challenger Approaching" thing always got me hyped
http://backloggery.com/thehikarimage

User Info: AustinX4e

AustinX4e
3 months ago#9
With how much theyve been listening to fans, i geniuenly believe there will be an “unlock” option for tournaments and people who just dont care for it.

Either way they said unlocks are streamlined so i dont imagine it being hard or taking awful long.

User Info: Mudkip_in_Space

Mudkip_in_Space
3 months ago#10
TheLightMage posted...
i'm really excited for it. the "Challenger Approaching" thing always got me hyped

That would be the case, but we already know 95% of the roster I would say. It's obviously more exciting when you don't know who it could be.
Hooray for Pichu, Young Link, and Pokemon Trainer returning!
~I will find any way to your wild heart~
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. I hate unlocking characters.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived