So this eight starting characters thing...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. So this eight starting characters thing...

User Info: Lizuka8002

Lizuka8002
3 months ago#51
LandscapeManX posted...
Lizuka8002 posted...
I mean, conceptually I get it, but I really can't at all claim to like the idea. I'm not really someone who gets joy out of the gradual grind to unlock things - I'd really rather have everyone from the get-go and get right to doing whatever I want.

Doesn't a game get boring fast if everything is unlocked from the get go?

Depends on the game. In something like this, not for me, because I'm vastly more interested in screwing around with the roster on my own time than the single player modes or grinding versus matches to unlock everyone or whatever.

User Info: EJW

EJW
3 months ago#52
Unlocking characters is a big part of my enjoyment of Smash.
So if somebody calls your bull****, they are somehow a 'fanboy', 'drone', 'sheep', or 'blind' despite them obviously knowing more about the situation than you.

User Info: JJH777

JJH777
3 months ago#53
I love this decision. I loved unlocking all the characters in Melee where they all had their own specific unlock method. Brawl and Smash 4 you got all the characters so quick and I think that's a big part of why I prefer Melee's single player to those games.
9/2/13-The Hero of GameFAQs fought bravely but fell to an unrelenting horde supported by a corrupt tyranny.
R.I.P. Hero of Time, 7 time CB Champion, Link
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. So this eight starting characters thing...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived