Have a slightly updated roster. Come fight me about it.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Have a slightly updated roster. Come fight me about it.

User Info: Triforceformer

Triforceformer
5 months ago#1
https://imgtc.com/i/KAREhWY.png

See the previous thread to know what's what. https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-for-nintendo-switch/76426657

- Carries the assumption that the Smash Bros Fighter Ballot specifically chose a few characters. K. Rool, Waluigi, Ashley, Wolf, and Snake were all added or brought back specifically because of their strong showings on the Ballot. Without the Ballot, ONLY Wolf would have really had a chance.

- Many veterans that were added in 64 and Melee receive some degree of reworks. The changed 64 veterans receive more drastic reworks.

- All 5 Zelda veterans receive some degree of rework in particular. Link + Zelda are based on BotW, Ganondorf gets a full overhaul, Sheik and Toon Link reworked a fair bit.

- Impa heavily inspired by her Hyrule Warriors incarnation, not just a variation on Sheik.

- Waluigi instead of Captain Toad because I think the Ballot may have done well for him and 2016 was definitely a year where memes came true.

- Rex + Pyra and Springman/ARMs Rep were just a bit too new to make it into Smash 5. Elma is the Xenoblade newcomer. ARMS will definitely be part of DLC, probably not Rex.

- Black Shadow still inherits the majority of Ganondorf's old moveset, but still changed to make it his own.

- Mii Mage zip zap willadoo bap.

- I used to think the FE symbol represented the FE 2018 Lord. But considering we still have not seen the actual game at all and it's releasing this year makes me think Sakurai might go back to the past for a newcomer this time. Lyn?

- Labo Man because let me dream.

- Ridley because it's do or die and I think Sakurai will finally do. This is the 5th time Sakurai's gotten involved in Smash, and I really think he may just go for broke and make this the biggest and most complete Smash Bros that is possible so he can finally, FINALLY leave the series behind him. And adding Ridley would be part of that.

- K. Rool because that Mii Costume was almost certainly a response to him doing well on the Ballot but not being a good fit for DLC.

- Steve and Rayman will be the first Western third-party fighters, while characters like Shovel Knight and Shantae get misc content such as trophies, music, or even assist trophies. Play nice in the thread.

- Alph and Isabelle are new clone fighters, but not Dark Pit-tier.

- Smash 4 clones receive some amount of overhaul. Dark Pit gets the most changes and is extremely distinct from Pit, Lucina is about as unique as Roy now, and Dr. Mario gets the fewest changes as he represents Mario's classic moveset with Mario receiving Odyssey-based overhauls.

Fight Me.
TC is trying way too hard. You have to be more subtle with your initial trolling effort, then let it escalate. Look at what saLUEtes does and copy him. - arleas

User Info: MkayRose1

MkayRose1
5 months ago#2
It's acceptable for me.
http://i.imgur.com/TnyjZqS.jpg https://i.imgur.com/IdrtM5h.jpg
http://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/MkayRose.gif

User Info: Yandere_AmiChan

Yandere_AmiChan
5 months ago#3
Batman is the only redeemable quality of this roster.
Senpaiiiiii~~~~
Man who never eats pork bun is never a whole man

User Info: Zra

Zra
5 months ago#4
Is Takamura of The Mysterious Murasame Castle a Retro rep?
Ghosts tell stories of worlds before me where
Darkness turns to light (darkness turns to light)

User Info: rockerpikmin

rockerpikmin
5 months ago#5
Triforceformer posted...
- Alph and Isabelle are new clone fighters, but not Dark Pit-tier.

You mean more in line with Falco, for example?

If so, fantastico!
If you didn't want to start breathing manually, you shouldn't have read this.
Supporting Alph, Fjorm, Decidueye, K Rool and Isaac.

User Info: Triforceformer

Triforceformer
5 months ago#6
Zra posted...
Is Takamura of The Mysterious Murasame Castle a Retro rep?

Yes. Might even get the Kid Icarus treatment by Sakurai!
TC is trying way too hard. You have to be more subtle with your initial trolling effort, then let it escalate. Look at what saLUEtes does and copy him. - arleas

User Info: RotoM1293

RotoM1293
5 months ago#7
>laboman
you have earned my disdain
Mythril Spent chasing Terra USB- 870 Multis: 14 PM me Terra Branford fanart. PMs Received: 4
The SSB5 board's resident DQ fan! Wanteds: Terra/Slime/Geno/Isaac

User Info: Shinji_Vin

Shinji_Vin
5 months ago#8
Someone from Nintendo probably looked at Laboman and went straight to Reggie
PSN: Krasandwich
Nintendo Switch FC: 5889-2812-0100

User Info: Shinjin

Shinjin
5 months ago#9
Absolutely f*** Steve, I dont give as*** how popular his game is or how influential it was/is, Steve as a character is the dullest, most boring, unexpressive, and lame piece of s*** in gaming history, give it a goddamn stage to best represent it not a playable character.
Smash Switch NEEDS all the waifus.

User Info: coconutarmy1

coconutarmy1
5 months ago#10
I would play as none of your newcomers. Maybe the new FE lord, if they have some gimmick that's fun to play with.
Hi.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Have a slightly updated roster. Come fight me about it.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived