• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Sushi Striker: The Way of Sushido
  3. Do not try to 100% this game. It's not worth your time. Spoilers and pics inside

User Info: GameSystem

GameSystem
1 year ago#1
You get nothing for 100%. At least in Odyssey you get fireworks for 999 moons and in BoTW you get golden crap for all the Korok Seeds, but in this game, there is no pat on the back for 100%.

They leave 3 pretty enormous plot points dangling in the wind

Who exactly is Rio? Are you going to just leave Octavius alone after he enters the crack in space-time? How about rescuing your mom from the sushi gate?

They make great strides toward tying the last one...

Research facility on the sushi gate after stealing the ultimate gear, the research notes, and then the portal island

when you do the areas unlocked after beating the main game, but then completely throw everything away when you reach the Remote Island.

(When Archie appeared out of nowhere, I actually thought they were going to turn him into some Empire Spy who was using you all along for his research or something, but it turns out he's just there for exposition "Oh, they failed in their experiments. At least you can fight some more people for fun." I don't know if they are planning on making a sequel or if it's coming as DLC, but there's only so much you can do that hasn't been done by the time you get to that point.

I even did all 31 Remote Island maps by changing my date 31 times, which is just a stupid thing to need to do. (Note that the map # depends on the numerical value of the current date, so in order to complete all maps, you have to be in a month that has 31 days. June 30 will have Match 30, but July 1 will have Match 1. You need to get to July 31 to do Match 31).

All levels were 3 starred to get true 100% of area maps cleared, but there are absolutely no further story or unlocks. You only need Sushi Striker Rank 7 to be able to get all the sprites, so there is no reason for people to kill themselves using black belt or 3 starring a bunch of stages, because getting to rank 7 is pretty reasonable. Rank 8 is a stretch, but doable, rank 9 is a herculean task, and rank 10 is extremely stupid. Luckily you do not have to complete any multiplayer triumphs at all to get the max rank. There are two throwaway triumphs you don't have to fully complete in order to get max rank, but you'll probably end up reaching them anyway, due to the nature of the grinding you'll have to do.

In case people were wondering what you get for Rank 10, here it is:

https://imgur.com/M7Vx2VI

https://imgur.com/qaUjfCC

https://imgur.com/1evNRX2

https://imgur.com/57sjD5d

User Info: Rupin_Salesman

Rupin_Salesman
1 year ago#2
What the hell? Does the game not congratulate you for reaching the max rank?
"I love going on message boards and complaining about games I've never played!"
- Francis, Super Paper Mario

GameSystem
1 year ago#3
Rupin_Salesman posted...
What the hell? Does the game not congratulate you for reaching the max rank?

Nope. The only thing that happens is that the option to raise your striker rank gets removed, because you are at the cap. All that is left is asking for divine orders. There is no additional dialogue from anyone.

User Info: Hourglass22

Hourglass22
1 year ago#4
Thanks for doing this. I'm guessing you got all 9 ranks anyways just in case?

So disappointing. They could have at least made a revamp of the Japan exclusive island and just remove the SUSHIRO stuff. You don't even get that cat spirt thingy that I got.

Anyway, thanks for doing this so that I don't have to.

GameSystem
1 year ago#5
Hourglass22 posted...
Thanks for doing this. I'm guessing you got all 9 ranks anyways just in case?

So disappointing. They could have at least made a revamp of the Japan exclusive island and just remove the SUSHIRO stuff. You don't even get that cat spirt thingy that I got.

Anyway, thanks for doing this so that I don't have to.

I didn't bother with multiplayer, so I don't have ALL the 9 ranks, but I'm still rank 10. You can get rank 10 without having to complete 3 triumphs. I really doubt there is something for maxing out everything, but anyone is welcome to try.

EDIT: To clarify what I meant by "completing"
Rank 9 - 10 requires 16 triumphs of 1-8, and 14 level 9 triumphs. There are 17 triumphs in all. You could completely skip one entirely, only get to level 8 for 2 of them, and level 9 for the rest to get to rank 10.

User Info: Hourglass22

Hourglass22
1 year ago#6
Would you mind trying, just in case that does something. I can help you by losing to you over and over to make it quick.

GameSystem
1 year ago#7
Hourglass22 posted...
Would you mind trying, just in case that does something. I can help you by losing to you over and over to make it quick.

While I appreciate the offer, I already deleted the game off my system. I don't really want to bother with it anymore. I also have no idea how many wins you need for rank 9. If it's 750 like it is for regular victories, it might take several days. I'd rather not dedicate my time to something that may end up being pointless.

I'll ask around on other places to see if they can save edit rank 9 for everything except for 1 triumph (like sushi eaten or something), and then have them get all triumphs at 9 to see if something happens (doubt it).

User Info: tom_mai78101

tom_mai78101
1 year ago#8
Thanks again.

I guess my 100% completion should be considered a failure, and probably I will have to accept defeat.

GameSystem
1 year ago#9
tom_mai78101 posted...
Thanks again.

I guess my 100% completion should be considered a failure, and probably I will have to accept defeat.

I read your thread "When do you feel it's a good time to stop playing the game and move on?" and I think it's okay to move on when you complete the main game. Unless you really love Sushi Strikers and want to continue playing online, there isn't any real point to going further and completing the extra stages.

After completing the game, you are left with a story that is just about complete, but leaves enough to get you thinking about a sequel. Going any further adds some extra stuff that seems story related, but doesn't go anywhere and feels really incomplete. Plus it makes it seem like a sequel isn't ever going to happen.

If you don't have any other games you can play and want a good closing spot for Sushi Strikers, I suggest at least completing day 15 and 31 of the Remote Island to fight two characters that are not in the main game. You can pretend day 15/31 are the true final bosses, and then you can put Sushi Strikers to rest.

User Info: LonelyGoomba

LonelyGoomba
1 year ago#10
I got to rank 9 and did everything other than the puzzle hut and the ones which require grinding.
But I got bored and Octopath came out. If the online was more active (and had more skilled players) I would have likely have 100% everything.

But yeah, I think getting all Rainbow S ranks, Black Belts and Stars is a good place to stop.
Retro reviews at
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLonelyGoomba
  1. Boards
  2. Sushi Striker: The Way of Sushido
  3. Do not try to 100% this game. It's not worth your time. Spoilers and pics inside
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers