• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops 4
  3. Modern Warfare may not have noticeably better netcode at launch.

User Info: YeaICampSo

YeaICampSo
11 months ago#1
https://youtu.be/CvJ7Ktfyt1I

This video goes mostly into map counts and whatnot, but all of that is “leaks” and rumors so I don’t really care about it right now.

However, later into the video he goes into an interview with Beenox, who said they’re aware of the netcode issues people found and it’s not a PC-specific thing as was being asked of them, but that it’s a PC and console shared aspect. They said they are taking the concerns and feedback very seriously but stressed that we’re not far from launch so improvements might have to come shortly after. They’re also planning to implement indicators for ping spikes, packet loss, etc to let you understand if your connection to the game is getting interrupted in some way.
Xbox One X (Yeah I Camp So) PS4 Pro (YeaICampSo) Nintendo Switch (YeahICampSo) PC (https://valid.x86.fr/qwx47q) gamer

User Info: Silver17

Silver17
11 months ago#2
YeaICampSo posted...

However, later into the video he goes into an interview with Beenox, who said they’re aware of the netcode issues people found and it’s not a PC-specific thing as was being asked of them, but that it’s a PC and console shared aspect.

From what I heard, the ping numbers on PC were wrong during the beta...
"Pretty Women Make Us Buy Beer. Ugly Women Make Us DRINK BEER!" - Al Bundy

Silver17
11 months ago#3
YeaICampSo posted...
They’re also planning to implement indicators for ping spikes, packet loss, etc to let you understand if your connection to the game is getting interrupted in some way.

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?! *facepalm*

Those things are useless. I don't need a freakin icon to come up, to let me know that "I got insta-melted" due to connection. I already KNEW it was due to connection.

All those indicators are just for Activision support to ask you which one came up, and then use it as an excuse to blame your connection.

^ Of course the excuse (to use them) will be to identify network problems, but we all know that it's just a way to point fingers at us.

Why is it so freaking hard for devs to not use ping bars and a ping meter? (IIRC BO3 had both)

Seriously, BO3.. I could jump into a match (no pun intended) and whether it was the start or middle, I could instantly tell if I wanted to stay or find a new lobby.

IDK, I just don't get why we can't use that stuff in every single COD game...

</mad>
</vent>
*gonna go find my happy place now*
*shrugs*
;)

User Info: zhumar

zhumar
11 months ago#4
Silver17 posted...
Seriously, BO3.. I could jump into a match

https://i.imgtc.ws/L6OPznq.jpg
Founder of the madbad virgin clan

Silver17
11 months ago#5
^ lol...

User Info: XxOblivion77

XxOblivion77
11 months ago#6
Whatever I'm too high to notice that's how I beat the lag
GT: OhBlivEeUn
If you can't identify the supply drop you are the supply drop
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops 4
  3. Modern Warfare may not have noticeably better netcode at launch.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A