• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops 4
  3. Hardcore class setups

User Info: Edgemaster70000

Edgemaster70000
2 years ago#1
I pretty much only run this set now that I'm done grinding Dark Matter. I have used every gun enough to know I will never be changing it.

Titan
NVIR
Quickdraw

Hellion Salvo
Fast-Loader

Comsec Device

Engineer
Dead Silence
Perk 3 Greed, Tracker

Attack Chopper, Strike Team, Gunship

A lot of people say Tracker is terrible, but I very routinely pick up kills from tracker showing me a guy had just run past me on the other side of a wall, so I can turn and get him. I also get more intel on which way I should be going when I come to a fork in the path. If someone is trying to get away from me, I can see exactly which way he went.

While it's not normal, there was a set of 5 games I played a few days ago where I got a gunship in 4 of them, almost in a row.
XBL GT: Dapper DLnosaur.

User Info: Asherlee10

Asherlee10
2 years ago#2
How often do you get gunship?
"Opinions should be a result of a thought, not a substitute for it."

Edgemaster70000
2 years ago#3
In TDM I'll get one maybe every 10 games, with at least one strike team every 6 or so. In Kill Confirmed the rate just about doubles for strike teams and I get a gunship on average every 7. It might go even higher if all of my matches these days weren't with my friend who runs even more roughshod over the enemy team than I do, leading to it being harder to find kills.

User Info: ImNotOperative

ImNotOperative
2 years ago#4
Edgemaster70000 posted...

Titan
NVIR

Jesus...

Comsec Device

Dead Silence

Christ...
http://i.imgur.com/81hFFPN.png

Edgemaster70000
2 years ago#5
ImNotOperative posted...

Titan
NVIR

Jesus...

Comsec Device

Dead Silence

Christ...

I use NVIR because my vision is not exceptional. The rest of it, I have no idea what you mean because you posted in such a lazy fashion.

User Info: Roldrage

Roldrage
2 years ago#6
Surprised there's no fmj for the body armour

Edgemaster70000
2 years ago#7
@Roldrage Body armor is almost never used in hardcore, and even when it is it only means I need 1 more bullet to get the kill with the Titan.

User Info: Asherlee10

Asherlee10
2 years ago#8
In TDM I'll get one maybe every 10 games, with at least one strike team every 6 or so. In Kill Confirmed the rate just about doubles for strike teams and I get a gunship on average every 7. It might go even higher if all of my matches these days weren't with my friend who runs even more roughshod over the enemy team than I do, leading to it being harder to find kills.

I'm just surprised. I have about 2000 games played and I've ever had someone on the opposing team call in gunship.

I've gotten it once from a care package.
"Opinions should be a result of a thought, not a substitute for it."

Edgemaster70000
2 years ago#9
Very few people are confident enough to have the gunship slotted. Something that also helps me score them is that I pretty much only run Recon or Crash. Using your abilities wisely, you can get an attack chopper with only 7 kills or so. For example, 7 kills is 700 points without Crash's golden ammo. If he uses TAC Boost and all teammates receive the buff, that's 125 points. To get the attack chopper is 1,000 points, so if at any point before your 5th kill you get the gold ammo, or if you kill enough equipment and scorestreaks (hello Engineer and rockets), you can get the attack chopper and the strike team (which is only 50 points more) at the same time, and just be ultra-conservative until you secure the gunship.

You can also do it with Recon by holding onto your vision pulse until you have a streak of 6 or 7 kills. Every pulsed enemy gives 10 points, with another 10 for a teammate killing one. You get 110 points for killing an enemy you pulse, so if you kill even two, that's 240 points plus your other pulsed targets. You get 4 pulses, so assuming the entire enemy team is alive for each pulse, that's a minimum of 240 points if your team doesn't kill a single one of them.

It's all about tactical use of your abilities to boost your score when you need it. All of those numbers are in TDM as well, you can get even more points in other modes, but the best one is Kill Confirmed.

User Info: Roldrage

Roldrage
2 years ago#10
@Roldrage Body armor is almost never used in hardcore, and even when it is it only means I need 1 more bullet to get the kill with the Titan.

I've been seeing more with all the Xmas noobs about but I've only dabbled in HC tbf
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops 4
  3. Hardcore class setups
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A