You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops 4
  3. I liked campaigns in other COD games

User Info: nurnberg

nurnberg
4 weeks ago#1
I find it very cheap they didn't include a campaign in this game.

User Info: strife_37916

strife_37916
4 weeks ago#2
We are still talking about this?
PSN: str1fe92g WoW Brewfest Pretzels https://youtu.be/ATVdcZej5BY
FF15 Croque Madame https://youtu.be/7DWpIK8MAyI

User Info: ImmiDude

ImmiDude
4 weeks ago#3
strife_37916 posted...
We are still talking about this?

@strife_37916
Apparently. It's gotten really old at this point
Doesn't matter. Their numbers mean nothing. By opposing me... They are marching to their own slaughter!

User Info: AvantgardeAClue

AvantgardeAClue
4 weeks ago#4
People want less and less value from their games nowadays, who would've thought.
Sometimes I say things and I'm not voice acting.

User Info: strife_37916

strife_37916
4 weeks ago#5
Whole lot more content with blackout than a cookie cutter campaign

I've gotten plenty of value out of my game without a campaign.
PSN: str1fe92g WoW Brewfest Pretzels https://youtu.be/ATVdcZej5BY
FF15 Croque Madame https://youtu.be/7DWpIK8MAyI

User Info: TheHeroOfTime

TheHeroOfTime
4 weeks ago#6
I liked BO and BO2's Campaign
3ds FC 2535-3641-8974 Wilford Brimley is wise and he has Quaker Oats.
Match in the Gas Tank, Boom Boom!- Gilbert Grape

User Info: EvilResident

EvilResident
4 weeks ago#7
The campaigns were always fun

I wonder if the next CoD game will include one again.

User Info: Project Mayhem

Project Mayhem
4 weeks ago#8
I was asking my buddy about the campaigns because I know nothing about them as cod4 is my first FPS game. I have modern warfare downloaded and was going to play the campaign on that one but he gave me Black Ops 3 and told me it was one of the weakest campaign in the series but if I have never played any of them I might like it and then I can move on to Modern Warfare. What do you guys think?
denizen_of_dark says I am a racist because a black kid tried to steal from my friend

User Info: AvantgardeAClue

AvantgardeAClue
4 weeks ago#9
strife_37916 posted...
Whole lot more content with blackout than a cookie cutter campaign

I've gotten plenty of value out of my game without a campaign.

Ah yes, tell that to the international communities with populations so low they can barely get a 100 player match going

There's also several other free battle royales so not a whole lot of value in comparison, especially considering how little changes in Blackout compared to the rest.

EvilResident posted...

They've already confirmed it IIRC, I think at a shareholders meeting

Project Mayhem posted...
I was asking my buddy about the campaigns because I know nothing about them as cod4 is my first FPS game. I have modern warfare downloaded and was going to play the campaign on that one but he gave me Black Ops 3 and told me it was one of the weakest campaign in the series but if I have never played any of them I might like it and then I can move on to Modern Warfare. What do you guys think?

The problem with Black Ops 3's campaign is that most of it will make no sense unless you know crucial plot element in advance, and even then it still feels like a mismatch of setpieces framed by a loose story and slightly brought our of focus by the 4-player co-op.

That being said, Black Ops 1 and 2 are probably my favorite campaigns in the series, although the Modern Warfare trilogy feels more complete and has better setpieces IMO. Each MW campaign has several great locales and plenty of "holy s***" moments, although Modern Warfare 2 sometimes gets a little carried away with the action. Modern Warfare 3 is a little more relaxed on the action to focus on the story, but it's a satisfying conclusion nonetheless.

I'd play the Black Ops trilogy first since it's shorter experience overall, provided you don't go for all the endings in Black Ops 2, then go through Modern Warfare 1 right now. If your timing is good, you might just catch Modern Warfare 2 and 3 with everyone else.
Sometimes I say things and I'm not voice acting.

User Info: RaphaelBelmont

RaphaelBelmont
4 weeks ago#10
EvilResident posted...

MW2 and BO1 were epic.
CoD, never again. Good ridance.
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops 4
  3. I liked campaigns in other COD games