• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops 4
  3. PSA: apparently 50gb day one update

User Info: NeroMamba23

NeroMamba23
3 months ago#11
Digital and physical are both 110GB installs. Although just like any game when it comes to updates you need the default GB available as the system copies the data and then updates accordingly.
YouTube: NeroMamba23. Follow me and watch over 200+ videos. https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCFJy_5PtzFqrbioxMt1emGg

User Info: yomi52

yomi52
3 months ago#12
Dammit......I won’t even play till Sunday morning cause I got that Walmart internet ;(
CaptHowdy

User Info: MaxxisKenda

MaxxisKenda
3 months ago#13
Downloading now, 69.544 gig.
Ah well, I'll go take a dump for 20 mins.
H1Z1: 100 go in, 1 survives.
Usually not me.

User Info: Uncle_Drew

Uncle_Drew
3 months ago#14
Hmm that’s odd then if it’s already started, mines not up yet

Also if everyone could stop flexing about there internet that would be great
R.I.P. Cavs Uncle Drew
2011-2017

User Info: MetalZoic

MetalZoic
3 months ago#15
Strangeotron posted...
This can't be real.

A 50gb patch!

And yet. It is!

Made all the worse by the PSN being slower than the WoW installer - especially as hal fthe world will be downloading this at the same time.

I was on the fence about this. Battle Royale games are ass IMO, but the regualr MP might be a laugh.

This? 50g day 1 patch? Nope. Not even close.

Unbelievable.

yet it will sell, because gamers are like crackheads. Look at the shiny shiny!

Jesus dude. It's just a patch. Nothing to have a nervous breakdown over.

User Info: cross8

cross8
3 months ago#16
MetalZoic posted...
Strangeotron posted...
This can't be real.

A 50gb patch!

And yet. It is!

Made all the worse by the PSN being slower than the WoW installer - especially as hal fthe world will be downloading this at the same time.

I was on the fence about this. Battle Royale games are ass IMO, but the regualr MP might be a laugh.

Unbelievable.

“Treyarch confirmed the patch is roughly 50GB on both PS4, and Xbox One. Patch contents are included in the game’s pre-load, for digital owners, but those opting for the physical version can’t get around this.

Further, PS4 players will need to ensure they have 112GB of free space before attempting the download. This has to do with the way the console installs files, but won’t be necessary once the update has been installed.”

Only for the physical version.

User Info: Tidus1012

Tidus1012
3 months ago#17
Jesus, we are getting into the point of being ridiculous. Do you remember good old times when you just need to put the game into the console and just play immediately? Now you have to wait for installs and absurd updates.
I am a self-proclaimed pluviophile.

User Info: TheBest69

TheBest69
3 months ago#18
lol imagine buying the physical just to be greeted with a 50gb patch. And remember, the game is not playable without it. Not even offline. Why even bother with physical at this point? Just buy digital and download 50 gb as well. But that's the whole game, not just a "patch".

User Info: Strangeotron

Strangeotron
3 months ago#19
cross8 posted...
MetalZoic posted...
Strangeotron posted...
This can't be real.

A 50gb patch!

And yet. It is!

Unbelievable.

“Treyarch confirmed the patch is roughly 50GB on both PS4, and Xbox One. Patch contents are included in the game’s pre-load, for digital owners, but those opting for the physical version can’t get around this.

Further, PS4 players will need to ensure they have 112GB of free space before attempting the download. This has to do with the way the console installs files, but won’t be necessary once the update has been installed.”

Only for the physical version.

Some of us want physical versions because we can sell them on/trade them in later or if we don't like the game. Digital copies are fine if that's your preference, but once you buy you're stuck with it.

Really Sony should have stepped in and said to Activision "NOPE! TRY AGAIN!"

50gb is insane

User Info: LORDVADER110

LORDVADER110
3 months ago#20
I have the pre load psn version. Its 51gb total

So the disk version could have a 50gb patch lmao. Payday 2 is the only game I know that has a bigger patch than the install data.
Feel the power of the dark side. You smart mouths.
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops 4
  3. PSA: apparently 50gb day one update
  • Topic Archived