• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. EVERSPACE
  3. Controller Type C is vastly superior to the standard controls.

User Info: sejan12

sejan12
10 months ago#1
This game has a difficult default control scheme. L1 and L2 control the throttle, while the analog stick moves your ship directly up and down. I could never get used to this system. In a last ditch desperation before giving up on the game, I looked in the options and found my answer.

Type C and Type D remap the throttle to the left analog stick. This feels so much better. It moves the rarely used up and down options to the left shoulder buttons where they feel more natural.

If you are having issues with the default controls, I encourage you to try this before giving up.

User Info: NickDrake

NickDrake
10 months ago#2
It is an improvement in layout, but I still find the controls to be incredibly cumbersome. I never feel like I have full control over my ship. It's really put me off the game.
Take a look at the Lawman beating up the wrong guy
Oh, man! Wonder if he'll ever know...

User Info: thenewjersey

thenewjersey
10 months ago#3
This is true, C helped a lot and once i got used to it, it's a real joy to fly around
She looks like a well-worn one
I can be one by one look a little word

User Info: thenewjersey

thenewjersey
10 months ago#4
NickDrake posted...
It is an improvement in layout, but I still find the controls to be incredibly cumbersome. I never feel like I have full control over my ship. It's really put me off the game.

I'm used to flying in Elite Dangerous which can be pretty unforgiving, I found Control C in this game to be an absolute delight to use. It feels great!
She looks like a well-worn one
I can be one by one look a little word

User Info: Hell_PhD

Hell_PhD
10 months ago#5
I just got this game, but I read this post before I started, and thank you for that. I went into the control layouts first thing and took a look at the different options. I played around a bit with the others, but felt type c was the best.
After playing a bit, I also turned off auto-roll and switched roll/yaw and found that I'd do much better in dogfights. It feels more like I'm in a 3D space now.
  1. Boards
  2. EVERSPACE
  3. Controller Type C is vastly superior to the standard controls.
  • Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
Is this on rails?Gothmogz53/19 11:36PM