• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. EVERSPACE
  3. My Everspace review! I posted it here but will link it once approved by Gfaqs.

User Info: tomcatobitrice

tomcatobitrice
11 months ago#1
EVERSPACE

Developer Rockfish takes us to a galaxy far far away!

Everspace is an action-focused single-player space shooter, combining rogue-like elements with topnotch visuals and a captivating non-linear story. It takes you on an ever-changing, yet beautifully crafted universe full of surprises. Each time you play you will face completely new situations making learning and adapting a key element in this difficult but fair space shooter/exploration game.

I don't remember the last time I have had this much fun with a space based game, let alone a rouge-like game.

This a rogue-like experience where death is expected. You will die often, but that is just the start of things. The main character has no idea why he is stuck in space, what’s going on, or how everything in the universe works. You will uncover mysteries and weird worlds by traveling through space sectors looting and upgrading different sectors.

Death is an integral part of the story, and because when you die you don’t lose everything (essential items and equipment are carried forward), you will have more of a fighting chance you next run through. This is such a satisfying loop, that you will stay up all night changing your load-out and trying new strategies to see how far you can push the boundaries of space/time. Enemies will swam in in you linger too long in a sector, pushing you to weigh risk vs reward in that sector and if you start off with "hardcore" difficulty, you are in for even more madness in space.

Controls and frame-rate are spot on and even when the action heats up, the game hold a very steady FPS. You have multiple ways to adjust how your ships control. (Auto roll selection and pitch and yaw adjustments).

I don't want to spoil the story, but what I will say is that you NEED to play the "Encounter DLC" that integrates into the main game flawlessly. New bizarre story characters pop up and add new deeps of info about the universe, as well as sent you on some crazy fun missions.

Do yourself a favor and pick up this rare gem. Rockfish has put a lot of love and care into Everspace and you owe it to yourself to support great work.

10/10

Game Features:

Rouge-like with adapting Ai

4K support with enhanced PS4 pro support

Vibrant art style featuring ultra hi-res textures.

Captivating non-linear story featuring mesmerizing and uniquely designed characters.

The digital version is out now but if you want even more, the Galactic physical edition will be out soon with:

PS4 game disc

Official soundtrack

Exclusive Booklet- DLC expansion "Encounters"

Adds new story, characters, quests, a brand-new player ship, freighter-loads of novel equipment, additional enemies, and much more!
To fix corrupted data issues:
Make sure your system is clean, take your disc and snap it in half. Throw your system out the window. Should work perfectly now.

User Info: Psychodrama_80

Psychodrama_80
11 months ago#2
I like the game but not feeling like you. I also think be much more fun as a sim based game. Space flight feels funny after putting in hundreds of hours into ED but its functional and fun, respect for being its own thing, just actual space flight makes giggle alot but again i dig it

Default controller setup was also bad imo, i prefer aiming with left stick and horizontal thrust and strafe being on left stick. Plays so much better imo. I switched layout immediately

Still pretty early in so I dont want to put a number on it but if had to would be 7.5-8 range which some may find low but on my scale thats still damn good and as put more time in, Im pretty sure I'll dig it more

Def a good game but its nothing amazing imo and to be honest its space combat isnt as great as I thought, I thought its combat would curb stomp ED's but while more "involving" it really doesn't.

Still def a good game, compliments my space love and ED(sorry always bringing up ED but its one all time favs of mine and easy making certain comparisons when jumping from one to the other despite being diff kunds of games) experience perfectly, Damn beautiful game too!
DICE-Spirtual Warfare
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xStQAcHqA20

Psychodrama_80
11 months ago#3
Oops I meant horizontal thrust and strafe on right stick is what I prefer.

Def getting a colony wars vibe from some of levels too

One other minor complaint, I actually really like the soundtrack and just wish can play right through ps4 like some other games soundtracks. Issue isnt big as just put on usb thn play through ps4, i just wish option was there
DICE-Spirtual Warfare

Psychodrama_80
11 months ago#4
I also want to say regarding my combat part above, to make it clear the situations game drop you in, settings with said combat do curb stomp ED in those regards but its actually combat doesnt. I thought it would as essentially purely combat driven but its combat is nothing great or what was expecting

If I had to sum up this game up in a silly way, take ED(Im sorry lol), strip out 99% of its content, dumb it the f*** down and add a sprinkle of colony wars and rogue elements and shake lol. While that may sound bad, its a positive, any big ED fan knows, ED can get overwhelming and at times get incredibly slow, one of reasons I dig this game and why it compliments ED perfectly, especially for space lovers.

Colony wars is actually the better comparison, Im so stuck on ED with the comparisons lol

Sorry for all the posts and I couldn't edit into one post as Im on my ps4 and its browser is acting up lol
DICE-Spirtual Warfare

tomcatobitrice
11 months ago#5
Psychodrama_80 posted...
I also want to say regarding my combat part above, to make it clear the situations game drop you in, settings with said combat do curb stomp ED in those regards but its actually combat doesnt. I thought it would as essentially purely combat driven but its combat is nothing great or what was expecting

If I had to sum up this game up in a silly way, take ED(Im sorry lol), strip out 99% of its content, dumb it the f*** down and add a sprinkle of colony wars and rogue elements and shake lol. While that may sound bad, its a positive, any big ED fan knows, ED can get overwhelming and at times get incredibly slow, one of reasons I dig this game and why it compliments ED perfectly, especially for space lovers.

Colony wars is actually the better comparison, Im so stuck on ED with the comparisons lol

Sorry for all the posts and I couldn't edit into one post as Im on my ps4 and its browser is acting up lol

I actually like this game a lot more than ED as I like to have at least some resemblance of a story and/or an overall objective. I found ED to have none of that. You have to just make your own story and pretend to be a pirate, smuggler etc...

There are no real role with story to play in ED imo and it was just so darn slow for my taste and I am into sims like Mudrunner, Assetto Corssa and Pcars 2.

To each their own right? lol
Make sure your system is clean, take your disc and snap it in half. Throw your system out the window. Should work perfectly now.

Psychodrama_80
11 months ago#6
tomcatobitrice posted...
Psychodrama_80 posted...

I actually like this game a lot more than ED as I like to have at least some resemblance of a story and/or an overall objective. I found ED to have none of that. You have to just make your own story and pretend to be a pirate, smuggler etc...

There are no real role with story to play in ED imo and it was just so darn slow for my taste and I am into sims like Mudrunner, Assetto Corssa and Pcars 2.

To each their own right? lol

Why I love ED, its what you make of it. There is all that its just in the players hand. I'm so sucked into roleplaying in its funny but Im getting off topic.

This game is cool though. I like it. Mudrunners is a cool game btw
DICE-Spirtual Warfare

tomcatobitrice
11 months ago#7
Psychodrama_80 posted...
Why I love ED, its what you make of it. There is all that its just in the players hand. I'm so sucked into roleplaying in its funny but Im getting off topic.

This game is cool though. I like it. Mudrunners is a cool game btw

I totally see how you could love ED if you just want to do whatever you want.

Another problem for me with ED is the amount of controls and things you have to remember to do step by step. It was very cool to have to request for landing and all that stuff, but landing was like trying to spin around in a circle while joggling knifes. lol

Then I would get blown up and wanted if I was leaving a station and armed my weapons by accident or exceeding speed limit. lol

I am keep my eye on star citizen (if it ever get done and/or comes out on consoles)

Psychodrama_80
11 months ago#8
This board is oddly dead :/

Star Citizen looks awesome but its so far off still, years imo before its "complete"
DICE-Spirtual Warfare

User Info: uthoria205

uthoria205
11 months ago#9
Saw a trailer on YouTube today. i didnt even know this game existed. Been waiting for a console space shooter and this looks awesome. Thanks for the review
http://raptr.com/Uthoria/games

tomcatobitrice
11 months ago#10
uthoria205 posted...
Saw a trailer on YouTube today. i didnt even know this game existed. Been waiting for a console space shooter and this looks awesome. Thanks for the review

No problem.
  1. Boards
  2. EVERSPACE
  3. My Everspace review! I posted it here but will link it once approved by Gfaqs.
  • Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
Is this on rails?Gothmogz53/19 11:36PM