• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Missing: JJ Macfield and the Island of Memories
  3. As much as I hate topics titled "Is my game glitched?"...

User Info: houghmanady

houghmanady
10 months ago#1
...I have a legitimate fear of it, at maybe the worst possible point in the game.

!!!ENDGAME SPOILERS!!!

I'm in the last chapter. The final pursuit, trying to get back to the rooftop to use the lightning in some way.

Every time I crank open the hatch to the roof and climb the ladder, my character locks in a neverending climbing animation right at the top of the ladder, at the exact moment she should transfer to the "reaching the ledge and pulling herself up" animation. No button input does anything; so far, neither has quitting to the main menu and relaunching the chapter.

I've gotten this same result three consecutive times now, and it's concerning to maybe be glitched out of being able to beat the game, five minutes from the end.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? And, if so, what on Earth do I do?

User Info: houghmanady

houghmanady
10 months ago#2
IF YOU GOT CAUGHT BY THIS GLITCH, I MAY HAVE A SOLUTION!

Last night I couldn't help but notice that JJ has a small snippet of monologue which occurs at the exact moment she hits the top of that ladder. And that snippet was NOT happening on any of my subsequent attempts to get past the glitch.

So I tried this, and it WORKED, at least for me.

DON'T OPEN THE HATCH AT FIRST.

You have infinite time (I believe) since the pursuer's movements are timed to you reaching certain landmarks in the sequence. So just climb the ladder to the hatch BEFORE messing with the hand crank. I was impeded at the top of the ladder, but JJ still said her line. I dropped down and turned the crank, and was stunned and thrilled when I was able to climb the ladder and continue the sequence.
  1. Boards
  2. The Missing: JJ Macfield and the Island of Memories
  3. As much as I hate topics titled "Is my game glitched?"...
  • Topic Archived