• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mario Kart Tour
  3. Tips for my last two Tour challenges?
So, I only have two tour challenges left:

Three hits with a horn

And score over 6000 with a character wearing a hat.

The hat one, scoring over 6000 is easy, there is a course where I hit 6000 as a minimum and have hit 10000 on it before..... the issue is that I don't have a hat-wearing character. All I can do about that one is hope that an affordable one appears in the shop before the tour is over.

As for the horn.... I really am stumped. I hear that you have to be in 1st place to get it, fair enough, but even when I am in first place I almost never see the blasted thing.... and when I do I am normally pretty far in the lead so I have nobody to use it on. Even if I manage to slow my self down enough WITHOUT a shell or lightning bolt or other disaster making me lose it, I normally have a fraction of a second to use it before the person behind me passes me like I am standing still. Any tips for this one?
"A train station is where a train stops. A bus station is where a bus stops. On my desk I have a workstation." - William Faulkner
Gamertag in profile

User Info: Magmasta

Magmasta
4 weeks ago#2
The super horn is rare, but the best course to get it on imo is tokyo blur on the ranked cup.

To easily get it on tokyo blur , I recommend hugging the corners and avoiding the coins because the trick to get the item is being as far ahead as possible over all other drivers.

Lots of people think this course is terrible(which it is), but for getting the super horn and being 1st place, it is relatively simple.

You just casually drift each corner, and stay as close to the edge as possible, following the track to the end, then after grinding it a few times you will eventually get the horn.

The best part about this track is after you get the horn, then purposely angle your turn, a huge pile up of drivers will occur which will allow you to get an easy hit on any opponent with the horn.

As for the driver with the hat, there is really nothing you can do but wait for a driver to show up in the shop, or try your luck on the pipe and hope you pull a driver with a hat.

Also, this challenge has shown up on both tours so far, so a driver with a hat seems to be useful so far. I recommend baby mario as it is the cheapest, but if you want mario or diddy, might as well buy them I guess.
Bowser is a Tarasque and Magmar is a legend

User Info: Cyber Akuma Zero

Cyber Akuma Zero
4 weeks ago#3
Magmasta posted...
To easily get it on tokyo blur , I recommend hugging the corners and avoiding the coins because the trick to get the item is being as far ahead as possible over all other drivers.

Hmm, slight problem with that one is that all of my characters are the lowest tier for that course, so I would only get one item at a time.

The characters I have are Baby Peach, Drybones, Lemmy, Ludwig, Morton, Wendy, Peach, Daisy, Toad, and Toadette. Are there any courses where these would get three or at least two items that would also be good ones for a horn?

Also, this challenge has shown up on both tours so far, so a driver with a hat seems to be useful so far. I recommend baby mario as it is the cheapest, but if you want mario or diddy, might as well buy them I guess.

I just started playing, so I am not sure what the game is even like when there isn't a tour happening, or if there is always a tour. But that being said, I don't have one simply because I have not run into one when I could afford it. I have 6K coins on me now so as long as I don't run into the only hatted driver being a pink rarity one, I should be able to afford it.... as long as one appears before the tour is over.
"A train station is where a train stops. A bus station is where a bus stops. On my desk I have a workstation." - William Faulkner
Gamertag in profile

User Info: ToneDeaf

ToneDeaf
4 weeks ago#4
You don't need to be in first place to get the horn btw. I've gotten it in 3rd place before. My advice is to go on a long course with a tier 3 character and just keep grinding away. 100cc is your best option too because you can control your position more easily.
  1. Boards
  2. Mario Kart Tour
  3. Tips for my last two Tour challenges?
  • Post New Message