• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mario Kart Tour
  3. Is this an online only game?

User Info: 1337Rooster

1337Rooster
4 weeks ago#1
Played the beta, seemed like the only modes they had were online only
Thank you for playing. Yes. I am number one!

User Info: NeoBowser

NeoBowser
4 weeks ago#2
yes
I'm feeling myself, I'm feeling myself, I'm feeling my feeling my'

User Info: Ganiam

Ganiam
4 weeks ago#3
All online

But not multiplayer
I have a B.A. in Sexology.
Feel free to PM me any serious questions about sex and/or relationships

User Info: ToneDeaf

ToneDeaf
4 weeks ago#4
I'm shocked this is still even a consideration in 2019. You would have to pretty far out of your way these days to find somewhere with zero network coverage.

1337Rooster
4 weeks ago#5
ToneDeaf posted...
I'm shocked this is still even a consideration in 2019. You would have to pretty far out of your way these days to find somewhere with zero network coverage.

It's more the data cost that bothers me. I am pretty cheap with data, so I'll have to play wifi only

User Info: FireSonic

FireSonic
4 weeks ago#6
depends what you mean by online. its only a single player game at the moment, but you do have to be connected online at all times to play it, so to answer the question, yes.
Switch FC: 3700-2265-8524

User Info: FolkenRawr

FolkenRawr
3 weeks ago#7
ToneDeaf posted...

Granted I've only lived in major cities, but is non-unlimited everything still a thing to which people subscribe? I spend $50/month for it <_>
https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Jewstin-1884/hero/96459279
Dokkan Battle - GFQJustMe - 1682407820
ToneDeaf posted...

Still an annoyance for a game that does not really have online play at all to require it. Look how well games that require online which themselves are not online are received on PC. (Hint: Not well)
"A train station is where a train stops. A bus station is where a bus stops. On my desk I have a workstation." - William Faulkner
Gamertag in profile

1337Rooster
3 weeks ago#9
FolkenRawr posted...
ToneDeaf posted...

Granted I've only lived in major cities, but is non-unlimited everything still a thing to which people subscribe? I spend $50/month for it <_>

Nah, use red pocket mobile. Gives me a basic 500mb a month. Enough to use stuff like Uber and Texting apps. Only costs $5 a month. I just never could convince myself to spend monthly on a data plan when I spent most of my time in Wifi. My commute is by bike, so I can't use a phone or anything to kill time, just need to watch where I'm going.

User Info: ToneDeaf

ToneDeaf
3 weeks ago#10
1337Rooster posted...
FolkenRawr posted...
ToneDeaf posted...

Nah, use red pocket mobile. Gives me a basic 500mb a month. Enough to use stuff like Uber and Texting apps. Only costs $5 a month. I just never could convince myself to spend monthly on a data plan when I spent most of my time in Wifi. My commute is by bike, so I can't use a phone or anything to kill time, just need to watch where I'm going.

If you spend most of your time on WiFi then there's no issue?
  1. Boards
  2. Mario Kart Tour
  3. Is this an online only game?
  • Post New Message