• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mario Kart Tour
  3. Have all best items for Toad Circut R, Can't even break 8k

User Info: Tomba42

Tomba42
3 weeks ago#11
Those 10k goals on the last cup really are brutal; I haven't gotten the 5 star in any of them because I don't have the right kart glider or diver to get the best bonuses, at least one or two of those in each of the courses.
Friend Foundation
My cat likes to slap around uncooked spaghetti. -TwinBee

User Info: Mikokiri

Mikokiri
3 weeks ago#12
Cyberguard posted...
@Mikokiri

The trick is to keep your combos going for as long as possible. It helps when your equipment skill level is up for that, but any little thing to get points and keep the combos going will help. That’s how I cleared it.

I always chain the dash pannels and then the coins to keep the combo for an entire lap. Nothing works. Even if I frenzy it isn't enough.
School should teach you how to adult instead of how to solve for x.
I got no clue how to adult but I sure as hell can figure out what x is in 7x = 4 + 27 X 8.

User Info: Cyberguard

Cyberguard
3 weeks ago#13
@Mikokiri

It will have to be more than that unfortunately. You can get points for nearly everything, but the timing is also important.

Between the use of items, try also timing your drifts and collecting of coins. For example, if I’m leaving a dash panel while I have a drift ready, I’ll hold the drift for a moment longer after leaving the boost from the dash panel to keep the chain alive until I can grab a coin.

Keeping the chain alive is the most important part as your score multiplier is higher with a higher chain (I.e. you get more points with a chain multiplier of x16 than you will x5 for example) so anything you can do to keep the chain alive as a priority can help.

Also, as mentioned previously, upgrading your character/karts will also help as that can extend the time a chain is active before disappearing as well as how much of a multiplier you are working with.

Hope this helps!
FC: 1005-9100-0322
IGN: Drake

User Info: Mikokiri

Mikokiri
3 weeks ago#14
I've gotten a combo of over 100 before. I know how to keep combos.
A lot of the time you WILL need a Frenzy to keep a combo going (that's how I got the combo of over 100 to start with). After you pass into the second lap, unless you placed down bananas and someone gets hit OR your item box gave you a frenzy, you WILL lose your combo. There's also almost no way to keep a combo going without the mentioned methods in the tunnel. In fact, You can't even start a good combo until you exit the tunnel. There's hardly anything to start and keep a combo on this map outside of you getting hits, the dash pannels and frenzies. Even hitting the cones don't help much with keeping a combo. Lack of combo potential is also why a lot of people hate Tokyo Blur, for example.
School should teach you how to adult instead of how to solve for x.
I got no clue how to adult but I sure as hell can figure out what x is in 7x = 4 + 27 X 8.

User Info: Ganiam

Ganiam
3 weeks ago#15
The last two cups generally need levelled up units/gear to clear with five stars
I have a B.A. in Sexology.
Feel free to PM me any serious questions about sex and/or relationships
  1. Boards
  2. Mario Kart Tour
  3. Have all best items for Toad Circut R, Can't even break 8k
  • Post New Message