• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mario Kart Tour
  3. Next Ranked Cup is Mario Cup

User Info: packattack

packattack
4 weeks ago#1
Just a heads up for anyone who wants to get a head start on planning what items to spend coins on. Mario Kart Tour's twitter said the next ranked cup will be the Mario Cup.

https://twitter.com/mariokarttourEN/status/1182717500259209218

User Info: Xyloba

Xyloba
4 weeks ago#2
packattack posted...
Just a heads up for anyone who wants to get a head start on planning what items to spend coins on. Mario Kart Tour's twitter said the next ranked cup will be the Mario Cup.

https://twitter.com/mariokarttourEN/status/1182717500259209218

Thats good to know, now i can start working on the mario cup then thanks ^_^.
Just a random person.

User Info: Magmasta

Magmasta
4 weeks ago#3
They shouldn't tell us these things imo
Bowser is a Tarasque and Magmar is a legend

Magmasta
4 weeks ago#4
Wow, I took a look at this cup, and were they even thinking with their selection?

They are making us race on yoshi circuit again, so most of us probably already mastered that course from previous ranked tour, and they are making us suffer on the tokyo blur level again(this time reverse!)

The only remotely good course on this cup is mario circuit 2.

High ends will kill on this cup

User Info: Perkolator

Perkolator
4 weeks ago#5
Magmasta posted...
They shouldn't tell us these things imo

Pretty sure it's to encourage people to spend gems/money if they see they don't have the optimum character, kart, glider combos.

User Info: ToneDeaf

ToneDeaf
4 weeks ago#6
I've been grinding Mario Circuit 2 all morning to rinse the XP. Nice to have mastered it in advance.

Magmasta
4 weeks ago#7
Way to crush the competition by giving old players who used the free trial a ridiculous advantage by having metal mario as the "frenzinator" for mario circuit 2.

Was that fair, nintendo?

Also, the top driver on yoshi circuit is a free character from last tour..

They did not think this through at all

btw, you can't buy old characters from shop I think, so no yoshi for the new players either.

User Info: Xyloba

Xyloba
4 weeks ago#8
I think im doing good so far for the mario cup (besides tokyo blur R)

Mario circuit 2: 9,747

Yoshi circuit: 8,903

Tokyo blur R: 5,405
Just a random person.

User Info: packattack

packattack
4 weeks ago#9
Magmasta posted...
Way to crush the competition by giving old players who used the free trial a ridiculous advantage by having metal mario as the "frenzinator" for mario circuit 2.

Was that fair, nintendo?

btw, you can't buy old characters from shop I think, so no yoshi for the new players either.

I had Yoshi in my shop today actually. It's the first Super character that wasn't new this tour but they still do seem to pop up occasionally.

As for Mario Cup, my scores are the following:

Mario Circuit 2R 9,166
Yoshi CIrcuit 10,406
Tokyo Blur R 6,360
(edited 4 weeks ago)
Magmasta posted...

Was that fair, nintendo?

Yoshi and Toad were in my shop yesterday. Today is Bowser and Shy Guy. I'm getting way more old characters in my shop. I'd like some new so that i don't have to buy rubies.
Oh my god! I am naked. Come on in.
SMM2 Maker ID R13-R26-DYF
  1. Boards
  2. Mario Kart Tour
  3. Next Ranked Cup is Mario Cup
  • Post New Message