• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dead Cells
  3. Do not buy game of the year edition....

User Info: Archale

Archale
6 days ago#1
...if you already own the original game.

While the game's cover claims to include the DLC, it's a lie, it's the exact same cart from the previous release, only a bit more expensive.

I love Dead Cells, one of my favorite games EVER, but the cover is misleading. Was it THAT hard to print new carts?

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251
6 days ago#2
But the dlc is free, so what's the problem?

I would have loved a physical copy, but they stupidly didn't offer it at launch.
"No point in having two characters that are pretty much carbon copies. Am I right?" - Viridi

User Info: Archale

Archale
5 days ago#3
Gargomon251 posted...

I would have loved a physical copy, but they stupidly didn't offer it at launch.

Some of us care about preserving games. Having the Rise of the Giants DLC on cart, alongside all the costumes, patches and additions sounds great. Which is why I was willing to buy the game again.
The game's cover proudly says that it "CONTAINS rise of the giant DLC' which is a lie. Every single copy of the game, old and new, has 'access' to said DLC, we wanted it IN the cart.

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251
5 days ago#4
Archale posted...
Gargomon251 posted...

Some of us care about preserving games. Having the Rise of the Giants DLC on cart, alongside all the costumes, patches and additions sounds great. Which is why I was willing to buy the game again.
The game's cover proudly says that it "CONTAINS rise of the giant DLC' which is a lie. Every single copy of the game, old and new, has 'access' to said DLC, we wanted it IN the cart.

Unless you plan on buying a different switch in 30 years, I don't really see how it makes a big difference though. Even without internet access, you'll never lose your dlc once you install it. Sure it would be nice if it was on-card, but not nearly as much of a dealbreaker as being over a year late.
"No point in having two characters that are pretty much carbon copies. Am I right?" - Viridi

User Info: Lord_Wombat

Lord_Wombat
4 days ago#5
Archale posted...
Gargomon251 posted...

complaining on the internet on a dead forum will absolutely alleviate this problem. Good job!
"In the end we're all dicks".-ReiderAsmadi
Candy, tastes like chicken if chicken was a candy -Toki Wartooth
  1. Boards
  2. Dead Cells
  3. Do not buy game of the year edition....
  • Post New Message