I HAVE to get this when I get paid... BUT

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dead Cells
  3. I HAVE to get this when I get paid... BUT

User Info: xMark

xMark
4 weeks ago#1
Can someone explain a few things for me? Also some starting tips if you feel like giving advice.

Anyways, I heard this game is HARD.
I know you start over equipment and stat wise when you die, but how do the permanent upgrades work?

The cells you collect go towards permanent upgrades that would eventually get you through the game if you weren't very good, right?

User Info: Gaming4dummies

Gaming4dummies
4 weeks ago#2
None of the permanent skills you unlock make the game a cakewalk...you still need to be decent at the game. They do however give you more options and make life a little easier.
"It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man."

User Info: Aegix_Drakan

Aegix_Drakan
4 weeks ago#3
The permanent upgrades are all mobility-based upgrades, or "mutations" that you can only pick 3 of as you progress.

Everything else that carries over is either the chance for new items to drop, or an increased chance of getting better loot.

The only things that make you "OP" are your own knowledge and improving reflexes.
I make RPGs for a hobby. Feel free to give 'em a whirl if you like a challenge.
https://rpgmaker.net/users/Aegix_Drakan/games/

User Info: Arvandor

Arvandor
4 weeks ago#4
There is another series of permanent upgrades in the forge. They increase the chance for items to drop to be "+" up to 100% and eventually (though it's EXPENSIVE) "++". This will be the biggest boost to your personal power on each run, and will go the furthest to making the game easier, but as others have said, it's still not exactly a cakewalk. You still have to learn the HotK's patterns and be able to dodge them semi-consistently.
ODMB Dot Eater
"There's THREE dimensions?! o_O WTF!!1 " -Minzoku.

User Info: jn2002dk

jn2002dk
4 weeks ago#5
Aegix_Drakan posted...
The permanent upgrades are all mobility-based upgrades, or "mutations" that you can only pick 3 of as you progress.

Everything else that carries over is either the chance for new items to drop, or an increased chance of getting better loot.

The only things that make you "OP" are your own knowledge and improving reflexes.

I'd say the upgrades to health flask can have a pretty big impact on runs

User Info: Aegix_Drakan

Aegix_Drakan
4 weeks ago#6
jn2002dk posted...

Fair point. The extra heals are super helpful.
I make RPGs for a hobby. Feel free to give 'em a whirl if you like a challenge.
https://rpgmaker.net/users/Aegix_Drakan/games/

User Info: copaco

copaco
4 weeks ago#7
Aegix_Drakan posted...
jn2002dk posted...

Fair point. The extra heals are super helpful.

Yeah, I pretty much just think of them as lives although you obviously need to activate them manually before actually dying. But then that is why I often take the mutation that saves your life once. When it activates I am often surprised. Lol.

User Info: xMark

xMark
4 weeks ago#8
Thank you all! Can't wait to play!
I don't want it to be a cakewalk.

One of my favorite series is the Souls series, I was just wondering how "rouge" this was.

User Info: Brifox7

Brifox7
4 weeks ago#9
The game is not a cakewalk even with the ++ weapon upgrade. If you're careless with your dodges and jumps, you get insta-cheese. I just lost 70 cells from the first boss from my most recent cell farming session because I wanted to beat the timer.
"Don't be that guy!" - Mr. Pastis.

User Info: Lupin the 4th

Lupin the 4th
4 weeks ago#10
I'm average at best at most games and beat the first boss on the second try, so I think you'll do fine. No doubt it gets way harder later, but it seems to ease you into it so far. Still a challenge thus far, but not controller-throwing hard.
The Smiling Bandit (Strikes Again! Ha Ha Ha!)
3DS FC: 2793 0791 3739 PSN: Arsene_Lupin_IV
  1. Boards
  2. Dead Cells
  3. I HAVE to get this when I get paid... BUT

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived