About scroll scaling

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dead Cells
  3. About scroll scaling

User Info: Arvandor

Arvandor
1 month ago#1
For those who weren't already aware, there's this enemy scaling thing, where enemy damage increases by like 8% for every scroll you collect. This means, that after a certain point, the health gain you get out of a scroll is LESS than the damage gain from the enemies. So if you build 0-0-21 survival (or 0-18-0 tactics or whatever), things might end up killing you in like two hits.

So regardless of what build you are, 8-7-13 maximizes your effective health before the enemy damage gains exceed the health gain. Anything after this you're trading survivability for damage output.
ODMB Dot Eater
"There's THREE dimensions?! o_O WTF!!1 " -Minzoku.

User Info: Gaming4dummies

Gaming4dummies
1 month ago#2
What difficulty are you playing at?
I've beaten the game twice on normal and I put every scroll exclusively into survival.
By the end of the game I have 7 or 8 thousand HP. I can pretty much play sloppily and lazily as I'm such a tank with my health pool that NOTHING is killing me in two hits...I barely even need to use health pots.
"It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man."

User Info: Arvandor

Arvandor
1 month ago#3
Well, this is all third hand knowledge. I found out about the 8-7-13 before I got good enough to make it that deep with all my points dumped into one stat. I haven't done any testing to see exactly how accurate it is yet, but a lot of people are saying its a thing, and have had a much easier time after discovering it. Maybe it's been patched or fixed or changed or maybe it only makes a difference on harder difficulties, I dunno. I'll have to do a couple runs tonight, do one at 8-7-13 and see how hard things hit vs my total hp, then do a full something run and check the same.
ODMB Dot Eater
"There's THREE dimensions?! o_O WTF!!1 " -Minzoku.

User Info: Gaming4dummies

Gaming4dummies
1 month ago#4
Arvandor posted...
Well, this is all third hand knowledge. I found out about the 8-7-13 before I got good enough to make it that deep with all my points dumped into one stat. I haven't done any testing to see exactly how accurate it is yet, but a lot of people are saying its a thing, and have had a much easier time after discovering it. Maybe it's been patched or fixed or changed or maybe it only makes a difference on harder difficulties, I dunno. I'll have to do a couple runs tonight, do one at 8-7-13 and see how hard things hit vs my total hp, then do a full something run and check the same.

Yeah my build so far has been:
Normal
Dump every possible point into survival and get the 30% extra health mutation.
Get the Ice Bow, re-roll until you get the perk that states "pierces every target" or at least
"pierces the first target"
Use a Green or colorless melee weapon, Broadsword is good, lightning bolt is godly.
Get 2 ice grenades.

This is essentially easy mode. At the end of the game, Hand of the King battle, I usually have several thousand in health and I can take him out pretty easily.
"It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man."

User Info: Aegix_Drakan

Aegix_Drakan
1 month ago#5

I have been playing wrong all this time. XD
I make RPGs for a hobby. Feel free to give 'em a whirl if you like a challenge.
https://rpgmaker.net/users/Aegix_Drakan/games/

User Info: Giant_Aspirin

Giant_Aspirin
4 weeks ago#6
TIL, thanks for the info
Playing: Yakuza Kiwami; Vermintide 2; Dead Cells
(~);} - I suppose it will all make sense when we grow up - {;(~)
  1. Boards
  2. Dead Cells
  3. About scroll scaling

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived