• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dead Cells
  3. Woohoo! Beat the game for the first time.

User Info: Gaming4dummies

Gaming4dummies
3 months ago#1
So all in all it wasn’t too bad.
Played maybe... 20 games to finally complete it. Once :)
Then I hunted down the last rune I was missing. Man... that gingivitis guy was a pain the first time.
Anyway, now time to farm blueprints, Cells, up my boss cell count and continue to work on new builds and synergies.

Game isn’t even close to done, and I’ve easily dropped over a dozen hours (wish there was a time counter)

Who else has “completed” it?
"It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man."

User Info: TerminusEdge

TerminusEdge
3 months ago#2
I've beaten the game once as well, and I have to say, it's really not worth setting the game to Hard right away.

Hard mode has no real perks yet, so you're better off sticking to Normal until you max the Legendary Forge's first category so all items drop at + quality.

It's not until Very Hard that you start getting real benefits, like double cell drops.
SW-7303-4236-3720

Gaming4dummies
3 months ago#3
TerminusEdge posted...
I've beaten the game once as well, and I have to say, it's really not worth setting the game to Hard right away.

Hard mode has no real perks yet, so you're better off sticking to Normal until you max the Legendary Forge's first category so all items drop at + quality.

It's not until Very Hard that you start getting real benefits, like double cell drops.

Oh. So I was thinking about starting a run with 1 boss cell activated. You’re saying no point though?

User Info: TerminusEdge

TerminusEdge
3 months ago#4
Yeah, Hard mode is a decent step up in difficulty. Building up the Forge to get more + rank drops makes it a lot easier.

Especially if you aren't good at avoiding damage, because higher difficulties limit the number of health fountains you find between stages.
SW-7303-4236-3720

User Info: Arvandor

Arvandor
3 months ago#5
I've beaten it 3 times now, once with a bow+shield+double grenade combo somehow haha.

I finally unlocked items always dropping at "+", so I think I might give hard a go now.
ODMB Dot Eater
"There's THREE dimensions?! o_O WTF!!1 " -Minzoku.

Gaming4dummies
3 months ago#6
Been trying HARD mode. Wow. It's uh, pretty hard.
Can barely make it to the 3rd biome.
Might go back to normal mode and build up more there.
  1. Boards
  2. Dead Cells
  3. Woohoo! Beat the game for the first time.
  • Topic Archived