How do I start a run with a specific weapon/build?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dead Cells
  3. How do I start a run with a specific weapon/build?

User Info: squalltheonly

squalltheonly
3 months ago#1
I keep reading guides and watching videos where people recommend builds, a particular sets of items that have good synergy.

But how do I start a run with said items? Do i have to find the blueprint and then activate it with cells? Ok i did that for the blood sword, but then how do i start with the blood sword?

Do i need the perk that gives me a random melee weapon when I start?

This game is confusing when starting each run.
PSN/Steam/Game Center/Skype: squalltheonly

User Info: Literal_Unit

Literal_Unit
3 months ago#2
You always start with just the rusty sword. Unlocking the random starting items lets you maybe get something decent from one of the three pools right at the start but nothing lets you start with anything but the rusty sword.

The recommended equipment your seeing are layouts you should try to aim for. Not something you can start with.

User Info: Ganiam

Ganiam
3 months ago#3
But anyway you are going to replace all your starting gear pretty soon as it’ll get outclassed by everything else you pick up starting in area 2
I have a B.A. in Sexology.
Feel free to PM me any serious questions about sex and/or relationships

User Info: abogan

abogan
3 months ago#4
It's all about luck. And that's the beauty of it.

You can push your "luck" later by purchasing the "Random/Reroll" (I don't know the name) for Merchants, which if I understand it correct, you can pay the Merchants in the game to swap out their inventory... and in that way hopefully get what you need.

My recommendation is take it slow - clear the full levels, and don't rush to the end. Usually you will have more Dead Cells & gold, more Attribution upgrades.. and more chance of a legendary drop / gadget/weapon upgrade.

I would recommend you to grab the "Flask upgrade" so you can have 2 potions, then maybe the "keep 3000gold on death" - which I have now at 6000gold, and it really helps to boost the beginning as I can buy a few upgrades at the Merchant in the first/second area.
Switch FC: 3089 - 5887 - 9580
PS4: Unklemac

User Info: RadioParker106

RadioParker106
3 months ago#5
I think that not knowing what you are going to end up with on a run is what makes the game.
-Till all are one

User Info: Bokey407

Bokey407
3 months ago#6
You can add the ability to start with a random Bow, Shield, or Sword. The random is chosen from your list of unlocked and researched blue prints. DONT RESEARCH CRAP BLUE PRINTS AND YOU WONT HAVE CRAP IN YOUR COLLECTION!
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery none but ourselves can free our mind"

User Info: HagenEx

HagenEx
3 months ago#7
I've put about 25 hours into the game, in only 2 days (I'm super hooked).

From what I've seen, the first things you should unlock are:

- Flask lvl 2 so you can heal twice per area
- 6000 gold kept after death (3000 is not enough for some weapons from the merchant)
- Random ranged weapon (So you can find two of the best weapons for early runs straight from the start, which are Frost Blast and Ice Bow. I can't stress enough how useful slow/freeze is in this game)

After that, you can work towards unlocking other specific stuff you might want.
The side of the fence that we climb determines who's afraid

User Info: lock_e_dge

lock_e_dge
3 months ago#8
Bokey407 posted...
You can add the ability to start with a random Bow, Shield, or Sword. The random is chosen from your list of unlocked and researched blue prints. DONT RESEARCH CRAP BLUE PRINTS AND YOU WONT HAVE CRAP IN YOUR COLLECTION!

One thing that annoys me about this game is there's no real way for you to know if something is s***ty before you invest in unlocking it.

User Info: Gaming4dummies

Gaming4dummies
3 months ago#9
lock_e_dge posted...
Bokey407 posted...

One thing that annoys me about this game is there's no real way for you to know if something is s***ty before you invest in unlocking it.

Yeah I wish we could unlearn certain weapons. Hate starting with a f***ing whip and a s***ty shield.
"It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man."

User Info: Arvandor

Arvandor
2 months ago#10
Gaming4dummies posted...
lock_e_dge posted...
Bokey407 posted...

Yeah I wish we could unlearn certain weapons. Hate starting with a f***ing whip and a s***ty shield.

The easy solution to this scenario is to just speed-run it and avoid combat until you find something that doesn't suck so much. Good opportunity to aim for time doors. At least, that's what I do if the starting gear is awful.
ODMB Dot Eater
"There's THREE dimensions?! o_O WTF!!1 " -Minzoku.
  1. Boards
  2. Dead Cells
  3. How do I start a run with a specific weapon/build?
  • Topic Archived