• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dead Cells
  3. Any performance issues on Switch?

User Info: butterbeancd

butterbeancd
3 months ago#1
I’m very interested in this game, and I can get it for Switch or PS4. I’d prefer to get it for the Switch, since it seems like a fun game to take with me when I travel.

However, my concern for games like this is always performance. With a game that’s as fast paced as this, any dip in performance could be a problem, and I saw people on Twitter saying it had issues with stuttering and frame rate drops on PC. So I just wanted to check: for those of you who already have it on Switch, have you experienced any performance issues?
3DS FC: 2165-5397-6214
"I will bring myself sexual pleasure later while thinking about this with great respect." -Iron Bull, DA:I

User Info: Tasty_Soup

Tasty_Soup
3 months ago#2
butterbeancd posted...
I’m very interested in this game, and I can get it for Switch or PS4. I’d prefer to get it for the Switch, since it seems like a fun game to take with me when I travel.

However, my concern for game like this is always performance. With a game that’s as fast paced as this, any dip in performance could be a problem, and I saw people on Twitter saying it had issues with stuttering and frame rate drops on PC. So I just wanted to check: for those of you who already have it on Switch, have you experienced any performance issues?

Only beaten the first boss, so take that as you will, but I have experienced No performance problems at all yet.
3DS FC: 4227-2029-4470

User Info: Justice98405

Justice98405
3 months ago#3
I just played it for about 50 minutes. I had one freeze early on. Luckily the game seems to autosave VERY often, as when I rebooted the game and reloaded I was basically right where I was when it happened.

And sometimes it seems like there are SLIGHT stutters in the frame-rate when there is lots of action happening. It's not detrimental at all so far, but it does seem to happen, to my eye at least.

Regardless, I am already really liking what this game seems to be offering. :)
To the mattresses.
3DS code: 2621-3902-1737, PSN (Vita): Justice_98405, Steam: psn_justice_98405, Battle.net (Diablo III/RoS): Justice#1912.

User Info: slipknotron1626

slipknotron1626
3 months ago#4
I haven't played the game but the crew on the bombcast said when there are lots of enemies on screen the frame rates dip.
Hope is an illusion for the optimistic.

User Info: BuckVanHammer

BuckVanHammer
3 months ago#5
About 10 hours in. Gets a bit framey at times. No crashes yet
Minimal, yet feature rich.

User Info: Gaming4dummies

Gaming4dummies
3 months ago#6
Zero crashes. Played over 7 hours so far.
Slight dips in frame rate occasionally.
Though nothing that I’ve found to be annoying, and I’m pretty sensitive to this sort of issue.
"It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man."

User Info: TrueLink

TrueLink
3 months ago#7
I've had some stutters here and there. It seems oddly most often when jumping around flying enemies. Otherwise, it's been fine. I'm played docked.
This post brought to you by GameFAQs

User Info: butterbeancd

butterbeancd
3 months ago#8
Sounds like there are definitely performance issues, but nothing game-breaking. Has anyone's enjoyment of the game been affected by these issues?
3DS FC: 2165-5397-6214
"I will bring myself sexual pleasure later while thinking about this with great respect." -Iron Bull, DA:I

User Info: Isoflurane

Isoflurane
3 months ago#9
butterbeancd posted...
Sounds like there are definitely performance issues, but nothing game-breaking. Has anyone's enjoyment of the game been affected by these issues?

I think I'm in the same boat as you. I would like the versatility of this on the switch but I don't want to regret not getting it on something that runs really well. I might try a side by side or something
Don't hold it against me, unless it gets hard
PSN: PedroTheLion7

User Info: Tasty_Soup

Tasty_Soup
3 months ago#10
Like I said before, whatever there is, it hasn’t hampered me one bit from enjoying the game. I’m playing right now.
3DS FC: 4227-2029-4470
  1. Boards
  2. Dead Cells
  3. Any performance issues on Switch?
  • Topic Archived