• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: locomoraizer

locomoraizer
1 year ago#31
hell_tanuki posted...
Yeah, MAX tension allow for some pretty impressive moments, like destroying an Apsalus II or II ^^

I think many people didn't like AGE, with the AGE models Gunpla are not selling well, so they probably want to "recycle" them into new cool units that will sell better. For me, AGE was okay, but I have to admit I didn't particularly like any of its MS...

apsalas II or II ? perhaps, what you mean are apsallas II or III ?

same, i also upset with AGE , but with a bit different reason
for me Age mobile suit design is cool. nothing special, but still acceptable for me. ( some of AGE upgrade like Gundam AGE 1 titus make him like super robot actully. but it still ok for me because i like super robot ^^ )

the one who make me upset about AGE is the story itself ( mainly story of kio arc and the final arc ). for example : kio can be persuaded very easily with lord ezelcant . Frit asuno got some degradation character development in final arc ( i dont know why he stil want revenge yurin , despite the fact he already have wive and grandson foe now )

but maybe you're right , they are prioritize AGE because they want recycle ( or remake ) design of AGE unit. if that success , it can also recovered the sales of AGE gunpla.

User Info: hell_tanuki

hell_tanuki
1 year ago#32
locomoraizer posted...

for me Age mobile suit design is cool. nothing special, but still acceptable for me. ( some of AGE upgrade like Gundam AGE 1 titus make him like super robot actully. but it still ok for me because i like super robot ^^ )

the one who make me upset about AGE is the story itself ( mainly story of kio arc and the final arc ). for example : kio can be persuaded very easily with lord ezelcant . Frit asuno got some degradation character development in final arc ( i dont know why he stil want revenge yurin , despite the fact he already have wive and grandson foe now )

but maybe you're right , they are prioritize AGE because they want recycle ( or remake ) design of AGE unit. if that success , it can also recovered the sales of AGE gunpla.

Ah yes, sorry I meant Apsallas II or III you're right ^^

The designs are not particularly bad, but there's not a single MS that I really love either. Gundam AGE-1 is probably my favorite because it's simple and classic. AGE-2 tried too hard to be "cool". And AGE-3, well it had a bit of the OO syndrome with being way too powerful, and the AGE-FX was even worse, so not really what I like. I don't know much about Super Robot, outside of Grendizer and maybe Gurren Lagann.

I agree. I remember the Frit's story just fine. Asemu's, most of it. But Kio's... I barely remember a thing or two, I didn't like it. Frit was the main character, the only one being there during the 3 stories, of course we don't want him to become almost unlikable! It's a shame, because the idea of AGE was a cool concept, following 3 generations of the same family...

I think they do things like this at times, like how Dearka changed side in SEED to sell more Buster, or when they use some parts of an old Gunpla to make a new one, so it's cheaper for them since it makes use of unsold models. That's pretty smart actually.

locomoraizer
1 year ago#33
hell_tanuki posted...
locomoraizer posted...

Ah yes, sorry I meant Apsallas II or III you're right ^^

The designs are not particularly bad, but there's not a single MS that I really love either. Gundam AGE-1 is probably my favorite because it's simple and classic. AGE-2 tried too hard to be "cool". And AGE-3, well it had a bit of the OO syndrome with being way too powerful, and the AGE-FX was even worse, so not really what I like. I don't know much about Super Robot, outside of Grendizer and maybe Gurren Lagann.

I agree. I remember the Frit's story just fine. Asemu's, most of it. But Kio's... I barely remember a thing or two, I didn't like it. Frit was the main character, the only one being there during the 3 stories, of course we don't want him to become almost unlikable! It's a shame, because the idea of AGE was a cool concept, following 3 generations of the same family...

I think they do things like this at times, like how Dearka changed side in SEED to sell more Buster, or when they use some parts of an old Gunpla to make a new one, so it's cheaper for them since it makes use of unsold models. That's pretty smart actually.

haha ^^
i like apsallas II and III . while not as powerfull as rhinoceros or bigzam, but it can fly in the sky area. unfortunately, it cannot move in the space terrain.

Actually AGE-1 design was tribute to rx-78-2 gundam. AGE-2 was tribute to z gundam ( thats why it can transform into vehicle mode ) . AGE 3 design was tribute to zz full armor ( thats why it has powerfull armor and weapon ). And AGE-FX was tribute to nu gundam ( thats why it has funnel ).
And i like those tribute design idea. unfortunately execution is pretty bad in AGE-3 ( make AGE-3 look weak in several episode )

Asemu arc is the best part of AGE story. we can see several veteran character from previous arc has some character . for example is frit. from careless and antisocial person become coolheaded and tactical person
Asemu still likeable in his arc , but become strange after he change his name into captain ash . the reason why he attacked both of earth and vegan spaceship also strange ( to stabilize power of both faction ^^ . so this mean , he want the war continue forever ^^ )

And i think , we dont need vegan gear as final boss. gundam legilis is more than enough to become finall boss ^^

hmm make sense. i also think thats pretty smart. But actually i dont really like " Dearka changed site " plot . because the plot was forgotten in seed destiny.

And in buld diver, they do it in right way ( instead change the story plot forcefully , they make entirely new story ). i hope AGE toys can be popular after this ^^

Wow grendizer ? as i know it was very popular in arab speaking country , like egypt and uni emirate arab ( i know about it after saw torkaiser trailer, lol ^^ )

hell_tanuki
1 year ago#34
locomoraizer posted...
haha ^^
i like apsallas II and III . while not as powerfull as rhinoceros or bigzam, but it can fly in the sky area. unfortunately, it cannot move in the space terrain.

Actually AGE-1 design was tribute to rx-78-2 gundam. AGE-2 was tribute to z gundam ( thats why it can transform into vehicle mode ) . AGE 3 design was tribute to zz full armor ( thats why it has powerfull armor and weapon ). And AGE-FX was tribute to nu gundam ( thats why it has funnel ).
And i like those tribute design idea. unfortunately execution is pretty bad in AGE-3 ( make AGE-3 look weak in several episode )

Asemu arc is the best part of AGE story. we can see several veteran character from previous arc has some character . for example is frit. from careless and antisocial person become coolheaded and tactical person
Asemu still likeable in his arc , but become strange after he change his name into captain ash . the reason why he attacked both of earth and vegan spaceship also strange ( to stabilize power of both faction ^^ . so this mean , he want the war continue forever ^^ )

And i think , we dont need vegan gear as final boss. gundam legilis is more than enough to become finall boss ^^

hmm make sense. i also think thats pretty smart. But actually i dont really like " Dearka changed site " plot . because the plot was forgotten in seed destiny.

And in buld diver, they do it in right way ( instead change the story plot forcefully , they make entirely new story ). i hope AGE toys can be popular after this ^^

Wow grendizer ? as i know it was very popular in arab speaking country , like egypt and uni emirate arab ( i know about it after saw torkaiser trailer, lol ^^ )

Apsallas II has a really nice design, but Apsallas III is a bit too much haha. I didn't knew the Rhinoceros, it looks awesome! ^^ Yeah, that's a shame... I hate it when I'm playing a mission and I realize that some of my units can't go underwater or in space (Zudah can't swim at all...).

That's probably why I like the AGE-1, the classic RX-78-2 Gundam is simple but very nice. The Zeta Gundam looks way better than the AGE-2 though. The ZZ Gundam is nice enough, even if I'm not particularly fond of it, but the AGE-3 is a bit boring to me. I'd say the AGE-FX is a bit ugly, though I'm not sure why exactly, but then again the Nu Gundam is such a beauty there's no way they can compare haha. The tribute idea was nice, but we just got the 0 Gundam already in 00 so I'm not sure why they wanted to make another tribute so soon. And I agree, Kio's story was such a drag to watch... At least Asemu's story tried to keep things interesting with mysteries and such.

Maybe yeah, Flit's story was basic and sometimes a bit boring. It was nice, but it didn't feel new as we got the same adventures in 0079 and SEED already. I agree, it seemed like they didn't really know what to do with Asemu at times...

Again, you're right! Gundam Legilis was a really cool enemy ^^

Yeah well, I liked the Dearka x Miriallia couple, but Destiny didn't want that to happen... Actually, there was a lot of things I didn't like in Destiny. It was my second Gundam show, right after SEED, but I felt like many things were wrong with it.

I really like the idea of those Gunpla shows. This way we can see a lot of old MS again but in new ways! And I think AGE MS have a lot of potential as Gunplas.

Yeah, it was really popular in France even a few years before I was born haha, and I got to watch some episodes when I was a kid so I know the most important things about it. I also remember I had a trailer of Shin Getter Robo on an old Kenshin OVA tape... It looked so badass! ^^

locomoraizer
1 year ago#35
rhinoceros are sub final boss from " mobile suit gundam rise from the ashes " . it was created from scrapt part of zeon and earth federation warship, and some part of zaku . in the final stage of rise from the ashes, zeon was deployed rhinoceros forcefully because it cannot docked in HLV .

with support unit , you can make your several space only unit can move in earth or the otherwise.

yeah, look like bandai was too often make tribute unit idea since gundam seed and destiny ( in gundam seed strike design is tribute to rx78 , archangel is tribute to whitebase , zaku warrior is tribute to zaku 2 , gouf ignite is tribute to gouf , dom trooper is tribute to doom ^^ )
maybe they think tribute idea could be boost the sales of their modelkit. thats why they do it too often ^^

yeah, i agree , asemu story was good. And i like how sunrise was focused the movie on asemu and zeheart story only.

maybe asemu become strange in kio arc because bandai was forced sunrise to add gundam AGE-2 darkhound in the story

yeah legilis was cool. especially in the movie, where it color was changed into red

maybe the sales of buster gundam is still worst eventhough dearka changed site. thats why they forgotten that plot ASAP.

yeah, i love too. everything could happen in build fighter and build diver . like gigantic zaku 2 , crossbone gundam who can used satelite cannon , or super robot style of zz gundam ^^

ah yeah, i forgot grendizer also popular in europe. Do they change the name of grendizer in france ? as i kmow in italia , grendizer name was changed into goldorak

hell_tanuki
1 year ago#36
I see, pretty cool ^^ I don't know much about what happens in Gundam video games haha.

Ah, you mean the different reactors you can equip to an unit? I always forget about these.

You're right! I forgot about SEED and Destiny having tributes too. SEED was my first show and I liked it a lot back then, but after watching 0079 I thought SEED didn't invent much at all...
A tribute once in a while is fine, but when you start having multiple tributes in every show, it becomes a bit problematic because they should create new things, not recycle what worked again and again.

Zeheart was a cool character. I wish he and Asemu were even closer friends and rivals because they didn't show enough from what I remember.

Yeah, that's probably it. I don't like the AGE-2 Darkhound to be honest... It looks like an inferior version of a Crossbone Gundam.

Heh I don't know... I like the classic Gundam color scheme too, it's hard to choose which is the best for me ^^

Maybe haha. The Buster and Duel Gundams were a bit boring. The Aegis Gundam was really original and one of the main MS. My favorite though, was the Blitz Gundam! I think it's one of my favorite Gundam ever ^^

Haha yeah, that's what's really cool about it! They can go crazy with some ideas, mix things up and make some MS from different shows interact in awesome ways ^^

Yes, it was Goldorak too ^^ But since then I got used to say Grendizer, because it can be hard to find things on the internet otherwise.

locomoraizer
1 year ago#37
same , i rarely play other gundam game which released before year 2000 . but there's rise from the ashes scenario in g generation genesis (which help me to understand the story of rise from the ashes itself ) And rhicoeros is first boss in the final stage

ah, not that ( although the reactor is usefull too ) . what i mean is unmanned plane which has ability to combine with unit .
for example : dodai ys ( when your space only unit combine with dodai ys, your unit can fly in the earth terrain ) or base jabber ( like dodai ys , but this time in the space ^^ )

yeah i agree, too much tribute could make the series lost the originality

in gundam age memory of eden , zeheart , romarie , and asemu friendship are more closer than tv version ( also, in the movie, romarie is asemu childhood friend )
Actually the story of Asemu schoollive is totally different in movie , not recap . Also AGE-1 swordia appeared in the movie ^^

Zeheart have hobby to painting his mobile suit into red color ( simmilar to char ^^ ) . its strange if zeheart didnt painting legilis into red color too ( glad in the movie he do it ^^ )

Duel is basic design of all gundam in SEED , maybe thats why it look boring ^^ .
Yeah Aegis and blitz is cool ^^ . their design look simmilar with gundam from wing ( it just my opinion actually ^^ )

haha , yeah ^^ . And look like bulid diver story are more promising than build fighter. because look like theres real evil villain in this this series ( mysterious being who help player to convert their unit become mass diver mode )

Ah i see. they are also called grendizer as goldorak in french ^^ .

hell_tanuki
1 year ago#38
I didn't play a lot of Gundam games either, mostly G Generation Wars, World, Overworld, and some VS games (the SEED Destiny one on PS2 was particularly awesome). So, you played Genesis already then? On PS4? My game just unlocked 3 hours ago and I'll try it as soon as I finish this post haha. But I can't play much because I need to sleep and I'll be on vacation tomorrow so I won't be there for a week...

Ah yes I see, I never used one of those! Were they in previous games already?

Hmmm, I wasn't sure but you pretty much confirmed that I didn't see the movie. I need to watch that someday then!

I love how they all want to be like Char haha!

True. But at least it evolved into Duel Assault ^^ This one was nice.
I think I see what you mean.

I'll try to watch that show as soon as possible then, I enjoyed Build Fighters even though it wasn't perfect ^^

I don't know why they changed the name, but the show is so well-known that even parents and grand-parents know about it haha. Almost nobody heard about Mazinger or any other though ^^;

locomoraizer
1 year ago#39
I already played english version of g generation genesis on ps vita ( with broken left analog ^^ )

no need too rush , eventhough you have hot scramble gundam in early games, you still need at least 45 minute - 1 hour to finished one stage.

for starter , i think first stage of mobile suit gundam or cross dimension 0079 is the good choice

they are appear in almost every ps g generation game ( except g generation neo and seed ). try to use that, it is very usefull .because of that i can use my psycho zaku and fullarmor gundam in earth

yay, try to watch the movie. you will not upset. its not really recap because it has many new footage ( and change the story line a bit )

haha, true. gundam will not complete without char alike character ^^

maybe grendizer name look so uncool for them. thats why they are localized the name

yeah, duel assault was look much better than duel . But for no reason, duel ( along with buster ) dissappear in seed destiny

build fighter and try was quite fun for me. The one i dislike from build fighter is personality of sekai kamiki. he look so dense

hell_tanuki
1 year ago#40
Ah ^^ (when I first played G Generation Wars, it was in black and white because my old TV didn't like JP games haha)

Yeah, I'll take it slow anyway as I don't have much time to play anymore.

Thanks! I wanted to ask ^^ I started with Amuro's story.

Really? I'm a bit ashamed to have never used them then haha. But I'll try them this time, I started the game with 2 ^^

I'll do it ^^ I don't usually watch recap movies because it's boring, but watching AGE was long ago now so that's okay. And even better if there's new content!

The Chars are usually good characters too ^^

Yeah maybe, but I don't like it when they change names.

I never understood why they did this... To replace them with boring Zaku variants too, while I'm pretty sure Phase Shift Armor from the Duel and Buster is way more powerful than anything the Zaku may have.

Ah yes, Build Fighters Try exists! I need to watch it too, I think it came out after I kinda "stopped" watching new Gundam shows (around 2014). I still need to watch the last Unicorn OVA too >_<
  • Topic Archived