You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Disgaea 1 Complete
  3. 10 million damage

User Info: twlightqueen88

twlightqueen88
4 weeks ago#1
Ok. I've been trying to get this trophy with a mage. I've been reincarnating and I now have about 180,000 stored levels. But I noticed that for the past 2 times my intelligence has been going down. Is it useless to continue with the reincarnation? And what would be the best staff to get(and how do I get it)?
"friends don't threaten friends' distributor caps"
FC: 5257-9613-2131

User Info: aces4839

aces4839
4 weeks ago#2
Instead of a mage, reincarnate into a tier 6 Majin and level up from there. They have the best stats in the game and far out-class every other class. Also, each time you reincarnate, some of your staff mastery decreases also, so make sure to level that back up.

And to get the best staff, first, you need a legendary Galactic Staff, which is the rank 39 staff. Run through it and steal the rank 40 version from the Item God. Make sure it has matching rarity with whatever other equipment you're using so you get an additional bonus when equipping it. When going through the rank 40 staff, double kill every single Item boss. This means encountering the boss, defeating it, gencying out and killing it again. This wasn't possible on previous ports but in this version, it is. Also, on the very first floor, subdue all the innocents and gency out each time. Move them aside and fill the item with subdued tutors. This will make the INT stat rise even higher than normal with each cleared floor and after each boss kill as well.
PSN: aces4839
Of course we can talk, zam, dood. - Prinny from Disgaea 2
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: HolyLancer9

HolyLancer9
4 weeks ago#3
twlightqueen88 posted...
I've been reincarnating and I now have about 180,000 stored levels. But I noticed that for the past 2 times my intelligence has been going down. Is it useless to continue with the reincarnation?

The cap for stored levels is 186,000, so you're almost at the maximum anyway. Might as well keep going.

Your INT could be going down for a couple reasons. Its probably what ace said though; Even if you reincarnate at Genius level, you only have a 95% retention rate on weapon/skill levels. The more weapon levels you have, the higher the multiplier is that your weapon is run though. Even at carry over, you're going to lose a few levels which will cause your stats to drop. However, those weapon levels can just be gotten back anyway.

Its also possible that you're reincarnating at a lower level than your previous reincarnation. For instance, if you leveled to say, level 4000 and then reincarnate, and then you only level to 3000 and reincarnate, the next time you reincarnate, you'll notice a drop in your base stats, because your yellow bars dropped a little bit.

User Info: twlightqueen88

twlightqueen88
4 weeks ago#4
Thank you
"friends don't threaten friends' distributor caps"
FC: 5257-9613-2131
  1. Boards
  2. Disgaea 1 Complete
  3. 10 million damage