You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Disgaea 1 Complete
  3. Noob looking for leveling advice

User Info: dompa

dompa
1 month ago#1
So im fairly new to this series having only played number 5 on my ps4 before. Really enjoyed it so was excited to pick this up aswell. Have had a blast playing through the story just as i did with number 5. However this time around i thought i wasnt going to stop there. But rather going for all optional stuffand getting the platinum. However as ive just reached the final stage and starting to grind i feel i kinda gotten myself in deep water with this. Ive ben trying to read up on how to grind but it seems so complex so i was looking for maybe easier ways to go around this. As i said im at the final stage and im level 330 something. So far ive ben grinding on the first stage in celestia with the 4 enemies and 100%exp bonus. I get around 3-4 levels each completion which is a minute approx. Is that good or is there better ways to boost my levels? I know statistician gives more exp right? So ive ben trying to move over these to my items to up my exp gain.

I mean i think im leveling quite fast but seeing as it seems you need to be level 4000-5000 for all optional bosses it doesnt seem that effective of grinding?

Another thing regarding my levels is i only have laharl at high level. The rest of them are around 30-50 only. Is there any way i can quickly leveling them up? Ive read i can team attack high level enemies but im mostly interested in etna since i need her at high level for etna mode, but i almost never get any team attacks? Any way to up the chances or any better way to grind low level enemies.

And finally about transmigration. How important is this? Is it needed for getting strong enough character or for the 10 0000000 (or whatever the number was) attack trophy? I havent done any transmigration yet as i had no idea what it was doing (other than starting from level 1 which seems boring when youre already level 300).

This game is alot of fun but theres so much in there and as a newcomer you get really overwhelmed. Atleast when going after the optional stuff. The story is easy enough.
PSN-ID: dompa112

User Info: aces4839

aces4839
1 month ago#2
Cave of Ordeal 3 is a great leveling spot. 900 Statisticians will max out your EXP gain. Also, you're at the point of the game where you should be looking for legendary rank 39 equipment in the Item World. One map in the Demonhall Mirror after completing the last Cave of Ordeal stage will have the rank 40 Axe on the lone enemy Angel for you to steal.

For the 10 million damage trophy, unlock the Majin class and unlock the sixth tier. With a 1900 Armsmaster, you can max out weapon levels for additional stat gains. The best map for farming levels overall is the Demonhall Mirror in Etna Mode. At max enemy strengths, the enemies are all level 4000+.

A tip for getting maxed out monsters quickly: Get both Priere and Marjory in your party by winning both battles at the Dark Assembly (need maxed out promotion ranks for these) and go to Baal Castle. Defeat all enemies to unlock the Slust and start capturing them equal to 1.5 times your highest leveled unit by weakening them. You'll eventually be able to capture a 9999 Slust with nearly 2 million HP. With strong equipment on him, he'll be a match for Baal, who has equipment you'll definately want, especially the Super Robo Suit. Fight him at his weakest, first.

Good luck with platinum.
PSN: aces4839
Of course we can talk, zam, dood. - Prinny from Disgaea 2
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Enigma8th

Enigma8th
1 month ago#3
aces4839 posted...
Also, you're at the point of the game where you should be looking for legendary rank 39 equipment in the Item World.

a good start for this is the free rank 39 legendary spear given by longinus once any of your character reaches level 30 (or maybe it was lower) in spear mastery. once you get it you can start looking for the other weapons in its item world

aces4839 posted...
The best map for farming levels overall is the Demonhall Mirror in Etna Mode. At max enemy strengths, the enemies are all level 4000+.

there is no demonhall mirror in etna mode, what you're thinking about is cave of ordeal 3
There was a HOLE here. It's gone now.

dompa
1 month ago#4
Thanks for the tips. I had heard of CoO3 but i couldnt open the dam thing. But now when im lvl 500 i could force it open by killing them. However now im at another problem. Im not even close to killing the enemies there. Theyre at lvl 300, i think im only getting theyre health down like 20-30%. My attack is 5800 something. How high does it need to be? Or is it my weapon thats to bad. Its only a 500 damage weapon. Havent found a better sword for my laharl. The shops have 700 weapons but dont see that helping much....

Also regarding statisticians. They way im doing now is buying stuff with 30-40 statisticans then going to item world first 10 floors, subduing them returning and moving them to my equipment. Is this the most efficent way of stacking up or should i be doing it any other way? Also when you combine the same residents in the same equipment it doesnt seem to add up for me. Ive only done it once but that time i added lets say 15 and 15 however it wasnt 30 but a bit lower? Maybe i counted wrong or is there some rule when it comes to combining the resident in the same equipment that makes it so it doesnt add up like that?

Also ive heard about the majin class, but it seems you have to level up alot of other classes or something to acces that class? Is there any way i can make my laharl strong enough to make 10 million damage? By leveling him to 9999 or something like that.
(message deleted)

User Info: aces4839

aces4839
1 month ago#6
A cheap trick to passing bills early is to bribe the highest level senators, then throwing all opposers at the senator that (hopefully) voted for you, causing them to combine and level up but leaving the Aye senator up. Once you have good gear, nothing should stand in your way.

If you combine a subdued Statistician with an unsubdued one, the result will be different but once subdued, the number will still be the same.

Getting level 200 units isn't that hard. All you need is strong equipment and a good leveled Armsmaster so you can unlock the sword skill Winged Slayer at level 10. Statisticians again help in the long run.
PSN: aces4839
Of course we can talk, zam, dood. - Prinny from Disgaea 2
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: kenlovesbeth

kenlovesbeth
1 month ago#7
How to up your damage on CoO3. (Sword user to level as example)

1) Position your sword user on the side of the square for an attack bonus

2) Braveheart 5 times (you need 5 casters for this) to double your ATK stat

3) Bring out 2 or 3 more characters for a chain attack to increase the attack bonus counter

4) Set up a continuous chain of attacks with the sword user to level as the last one to attack.

If you can't kill with this, you need to level more. Some good spots are Blazing Core-map 1; Salamander's Breath-map 1; Stellar graveyard-map 1; Forest of the Dead-map 1

A stack of Statisticians at 900 and a stack of Armsmasters at +1,900 will help your leveling a lot. The first character you level is the hardest.

Transmigration is necessary to build up your stats. For your first transmigration, get as high as possible. +1,000 is nice, but lower is ok too. Transmigrate at genius level to get 10 bonus points. If you are leveling a character you created, go for the highest level unlocked. Sword users and magic users are the easiest to initially level. They each have a 3x3 attack and each can be buffed with Braveheart/Magic Boost to double their attack stat.

After the 1st transmigration, go for +2,000 levels before you transmigrate. Each time you transmigrate, your stored levels add to your bonus points, so things get easier and easier.

For more advice, go to Disgaea: Hour of Darkness PS2 page and look at Jungle Jim's Training FAQ. I found it quite helpful.
(edited 1 month ago)
(message deleted)

dompa
1 month ago#9
So i kinda feel like ive gotten the hang of things now. I have equipment with 900 statistician which i guess is as high as you can have. Im now working towards a armsmatser 1900 which i guess is the cap for that one? After that i should be good when it comes to preparing for grinding elvels and weapon mastery.

Im now able to complete CoO3 in one hit. My laharl is at level 5000 now. But what now? What should my next step be. Will i be able to complete all optional bosses if i level up my laharl to 9999. Will that be enough if i keep all enemies at weakest level? And im talking about laharl soloing it. I havent leveled up the others at all pretty much

Also i havent transmigrated yet. I know ill problably have to do this with a majin for the 10 million damage trophy but id rather leave it to that and just keep going with my laharl as i feel i want to reap some rewards from my grind now and complete some optional bosses.

Also another thing. Ive read you can capture monsters. But every time i try they destroy the base panel. So whats the thing here. What decides if you can catch the monsters? Surely cant be elvel based as i have my level 5000 laharl in there. Maybe they divide it with the other characters? Or maybe its just a random thing?

User Info: EPR-radar

EPR-radar
1 month ago#10
Your Laharl is strong enough that you can start looking for the good stuff in the item world. Getting good gear is at least as important for powering up as accumulating stored levels via reincarnation.
  1. Boards
  2. Disgaea 1 Complete
  3. Noob looking for leveling advice