You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Disgaea 1 Complete
  3. Other improvements this game could have

User Info: aces4839

aces4839
3 months ago#1
1. Show the floor number upon entering an Item World floor before the Stage Start appears.
2. Keep any non-Gatekeeper enemies off the gate, especially at the start of the floor.
3. Show the skills for any enemy.
4. Mentors for Skill EXP. No way to grind to 99 without em.
5. Make Geo Symbols not the first thing targetable when selecting who/what to attack or lift.

Any others you'd like to include?
PSN: aces4839
Of course we can talk, zam, dood. - Prinny from Disgaea 2
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: FooFightersFan

FooFightersFan
3 months ago#2
These would all be nice, but for me, the ability to skip cutscenes and speed up battle/turn off animations was enough for me to warrant buying and playing. The statistician cap boost and the other improvements were great, but I got platinum in about 35 hours so it really isn't that long of a game. Some of it is more tedious than Disgaea 5 and D2, but overall it's a thousand times better than trying to play the original Disgaea where the characters move at a snail's pace and you have to sit through every single attack animation. The Tera spells were completely worthless because it was torture to sit through them.

User Info: Alukard1

Alukard1
3 months ago#3
Nice changes Aces :-)

I would add :

- Show the throw range when you want to throw
- Allow the diagonal throw without using the "glitch" lol
- Possibility to move a character on an other one to "auto lift"
- Solve the impossible maps problem once for all ! ( I've taken this picture 2 days ago while I was doing my Cosmic Blade, hopefully it wasn't for my hyperdrive lol... ===> https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2019/07/5/1550224175-thumbnail-20190213-181648.jpg )
- Possibility to check the stats/rarity of an item when you're stealing

aces4839
3 months ago#4
You can only get the Hyperdrive in a rank 40 item (Astro Suit, Super Robo Suit, etc).

User Info: Alukard1

Alukard1
3 months ago#5
I know lol I got the Platine 6 months ago ;-)

User Info: HolyLancer9

HolyLancer9
3 months ago#6
Alukard1 posted...
- Solve the impossible maps problem once for all ! ( I've taken this picture 2 days ago while I was doing my Cosmic Blade, hopefully it wasn't for my hyperdrive lol...

That's not at all an impossible map. There's no need to clear any floor by killing all enemies, the base panel is right next to you, its at an elevation that you can hit the gatekeeper, and the game no longer places geo panels underneath the gate, so even if that green were an invincibility, it wouldn't do anything.

The only way that would be "impossible" is if the gate were at an elevation of like, 100, and you couldn't even reach the gatekeeper with any attack.

aces4839
3 months ago#7
Or knock the gatekeeper off the gate if you weren't strong enough to kill it.

User Info: Enigma8th

Enigma8th
3 months ago#8
aces4839 posted...
5. Make Geo Symbols not the first thing targetable when selecting who/what to attack or lift.

is this really a thing? how odd, pretty sure it wasn't like that in past versions

aces4839 posted...
Or knock the gatekeeper off the gate if you weren't strong enough to kill it.

granted the gatekeeper isn't stuck in a corner
There was a HOLE here. It's gone now.

aces4839
3 months ago#9
Enigma8th posted...
aces4839 posted...

is this really a thing? how odd, pretty sure it wasn't like that in past versions

It wasn't.

User Info: pifflepuffs

pifflepuffs
3 months ago#10
this game should have been a DLC campaign addon for D5.
  1. Boards
  2. Disgaea 1 Complete
  3. Other improvements this game could have