• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Disgaea 1 Complete
  3. Mr. Gency Exit farming

User Info: aces4839

aces4839
3 months ago#1
Now that we can return to HQ instead of quitting to the title screen, this becomes much more tolerable. Buy Amulets (rank 1 armor) and go into the Item World. Check the bonus guage if there's a gency in there. If not, return to HQ via the Quit option. When you get one, increase the guage enough by doing geo chains or using thieves with stronger enemy bills and clear the floor, getting any gency's along the way and using Geo Change from a Scout when necessary. Clear the boss floor and go into the next Amulet and repeat. This becomes even easier with the Hyperdrive.
PSN: aces4839
Of course we can talk, zam, dood. - Prinny from Disgaea 2
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: PainAmplifier

PainAmplifier
3 months ago#2
This seems like it's more effort to do than what you can gain in speed of farming them. Especially if the Gency isn't within the first 2-3 bonus item slots at worst. And the gencies would need to be plentiful on that item for it to really work out.

If you did a few mid-tier items leveling up through the story, you should have a good stock of gencies on hand already. (Think I have about 40 laying around atm.) This should be more than enough for quite a few perfect R40 items before you need more.

And what are you using gencies for exactly? You don't need that many to perfect a Item, just enough to clear the base innocents off and you can still double kill with no further loss of gencies if you use the second kill as a way to restock the one you just used. For me that's usually 4-6 at worst per item.

When farming innocents, you can usually come out ahead just by clearing junk items from the store. If you kill all the innocents by level 5, gency out. If not clear the remaining 5 even if you kill the last one in that range and take the gency from the bonus on the 10th floor. Sell the item if the remaining innocents aren't hard to find and just buy a fresh one from the store. With 2-3 characters with 11-13 move and a Hyperdrive, there are very few levels you can't rush in less than 30 seconds. Heck most may only take 20 seconds or even less if you get a gate within your move rate +/- 5 squares. And with the hyperdrive, killing the innocent if there is one can be nearly as fast. It's checking the bonus/equipped gear that can take time if you are hunting items.

Unless you get really lucky finding innocents on the first few floors and burn a lot of gencies quickly, you should be getting a few more than you use over time, plus you get all the innocents you can use as well.

...actually resetting the store for items with good innocents may take more time than stripping them off and farming the gencies. That's been my experience anyway.
~Pain has a face. Allow me to show it to you.~

aces4839
3 months ago#3
That's the point. I don't have any more than about 15. My true leveling came from 900 Statisticians. Clearing Cave of Ordeal 3 became cake after power leveling in the first final chapter level. You can pass the Cheapest Items bill then pass the most expensive bill at will and I have the Tyrant title on Laharl so it's super easy.

With this method, you can get at least 2 gency's per trip and there's really no better way to go about it.
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: PainAmplifier

PainAmplifier
3 months ago#4
Still seems a bit low, but then again luck can be fickle at times and I can see getting a slew of good runs and depleting your stock a bit faster than normal happening.

Still not sold on farming them that way, but I can't say it's not a valid alternative If it works for you.

And I think I spent more time hunting Armsmasters for my thief than I did any sort of level grinding this time around. The only really good weapons for generics to level with easily in this game are the Swords and the Fists, as both have a 3x3 attack. So hunting armsmasters for the Thief to make gaining (Sword) Weapon Skill level at more than a glacial pace was a must.
~Pain has a face. Allow me to show it to you.~

aces4839
3 months ago#5
I've had two gency's appear in the bonus guage from time to time on the same floor, so it's definately worth it. At the least, I can get two per 10 floor trip and you never run out of HL for more rank 1 items anyway.

Side note: I have every single rank 39 legendary including the rank 39 Axe that I sold because I got the rank 40 one from the angel in Demonhall Mirror. My last 3 rank 39s were on my second Super Robo Suit run. The Cosmic Blade was on a Freischultz, the Artemis was on a Knight (forgot which tier) and the Infernal Gun was on a Majin. I also had a legend Nirvana before I stole the Robo Suits from Baal.
(edited 3 months ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Disgaea 1 Complete
  3. Mr. Gency Exit farming
  • Topic Closed