• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: aces4839

aces4839
3 months ago#1
Other than Etna mode and defeating the Item God 2 for more trophies as well as transmigrations and the Hyperdrive that I will soon get, my only real challenging trophy left is the 10 million damage one. Zetta was cake once I destroyed the Enemy Boost x3. So, for the 10 million damage trophy, who should I use to go for the damage?
PSN: aces4839
Of course we can talk, zam, dood. - Prinny from Disgaea 2

User Info: Darklit_Minuet

Darklit_Minuet
3 months ago#2
Either a mage or an axe user. Getting an Apocalypse and maxing it out is fairly easy, if you didn't already miss it in the Demonhall Mirror fight.

If you have a 1900 Armsmaster, you'll be able to max out your axe/staff mastery at 255 easily. This will greatly increase the stats you get from the weapon, far more than reincarnating will give you in a much shorter period of time.

Find or create via Geo Change a room that gives a couple of attack+ boosts and a couple of defense- boosts. Put a level 1 character with minimum defense on the -def panels, stick your axe wielder (or mage with Tera spell, whichever you have higher stats for) onto the attack+ panel, cast 5 Braveheart/Magic Boost, and exploit the elemental weakness of the target. Axes do have a fire type move as their second strongest, Graviton Bomb, which does way more damage than Calamity Drive if you're able to exploit a weakness.

You might not need to do all of that, it's just theoretically the highest amount of damage I can see being dealt in the game with a single strike, without relying on combos or things like that. If it doesn't count if you attack one of your own members for whatever reason, you could do it on 1-1 to fight hella low level enemies with no defense, Geo Change can still get you attack buffs and defense debuffs.

You could also unleash the attack as part of a combo, have a bunch of weak units attack first to drive up the bonus. But you'd have to target an enemy that can survive those attacks, so this would be quicker
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: EPR-radar

EPR-radar
3 months ago#3
If you're going to give a unit leveled robot suits and a good weapon, the 10M trophy will be fairly easy. I got it with Laharl vs. an item floor boss with nightsever, so there probably wasn't anything better in play than a geo panel like an Attack+ for Laharl or a Defense- for the boss.

Since there are no evilities in this game, damage boosting is limited to combos, geo panels, and hitting elemental weaknesses. If Adell has his normal single-target S-rank fire skill, that might be the hardest hitting attack in the game.

aces4839
3 months ago#4
There is a geo group that has both ATK +50% and DEF -50% along with Attacks +1, so that would be the group to go for. I have most of the rank 39 legendaries along with the Apocalypse from the Demonhall Mirror. I don't have a legend Cosmic Blade yet though.

User Info: PainAmplifier

PainAmplifier
3 months ago#5
I'm kinda amazed you don't have a Legendary Cosmic Blade yet. I'm practically tripping over them, and it's the staff/gun/fist/Bow I'm having trouble finding. Even the Rare's are barely showing up.
~Pain has a face. Allow me to show it to you.~

aces4839
3 months ago#6
Lemme tell ya something. Last time I had a chance for one, it was in the bonus guage all the way at the bottom. Two geo effects were Clone and I wound up stepping on the panel trying to destroy the geo symbol under Amnesia. It didn't do enough damage and after I ended turn, a clone of my character appeared and killed it off, ending my chances. Haven't seen one since. I have two legendary staffs and a legend God's Hand also. Haven't found the gun or bow yet.

User Info: PainAmplifier

PainAmplifier
3 months ago#7
Sadly I've run into things like that as well.

Item 3/4 down the Gauge, Do a full Geo Chain, only get 3 bars. Bring out my Scout, Use Geo Change...end up with a no Geo map.

Going to trigger a Geo Chain, accidentally step on the Gate.

Going to attack an enemy, accidentally kill the Geo instead. (WHY!? Do Geo's have priority as targets, but are at the bottom of the 'Character' list???) I keep doing this especially when it looks like I am not near the Geo, but it actually is, due to the camera angle.

A few times when I am only 1-2 bars away, I can bring out some scrub mages and plink them for bonus gauge...but it takes forever and I can't be bothered for anything that's more than that due to how long it takes. I know I've done a Bow combo in other games to build gauge with newbie characters, but I don't think the bonus goes up that fast in this one. Or is it the Scout/Thief in this one?

Although Considering I managed to pick up another one earlier I'm actually not doing too bad now. I have 100% commons and around 70% rares already. I even have 100% of all Orbs and belts without even trying as well.

I leveled a Infernal Armor finding a Nirvana, before realizing I had one already equipped on another character. Doh! Working the Yos***suna right now, then probably the Hyperdrive. Oh, and I can confirm that beating item god 2 in one item and then doing 1-100 in a lowbie item (Legendary Leather Armor) definately doesn't get you the Hyperdrive. =P

All that said, this is still probably the easiest game to get all the R40's in. Not only are R39's in the shop, but it's not that hard to get strong enough to kill the Item Gods.
~Pain has a face. Allow me to show it to you.~

aces4839
3 months ago#8
It is annoying that geos are targeted first. Plus some enemies on the gate are not always a Gatekeeper. A tier 4 thief had the usual job name on the gate at the start of the floor.

Rank 39s are NOT in the shop. It only goes to rank 38. The only entry to have rank 39s is D2.

User Info: EPR-radar

EPR-radar
3 months ago#9
Building up the bonus gauge by having a pack of low level thieves combo vs. a single target in the item world was definitely asking for a game crash when this first came out. Perhaps this bug has been dealt with in one of the patches.

So it is frustrating when there'e something important on the bonus gauge and a geo chain doesn't get there.

aces4839
3 months ago#10
First, yes, Adell still has his Vulcan Blaze although he can only equip monster weapons. That's not gonna make him very helpful to grind more levels for the extra stats. My 9999 Surt took care of the Item God 2, the Hyperdrive and the all EX bosses trophies and I finished Etna Mode last night so all I have left is the 10 million damage trophy. Guess I'll put in the work for the damage. I have matching rarity robo suits at the least. I still don't have the Majin class unlocked though.
  • Topic Closed