• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Disgaea 1 Complete
  3. Prepping for Marjory fight...

User Info: aces4839

aces4839
3 months ago#1
Yes, I did get Priere first and foremost. What stats should I be looking for before facing Marjory? I did fully level the Arcadia Priere came with the best I could and she also had a legendary Lucifer's Force also. I also did get past the first Beauty Castle battle with the two dragons and the efreet enemies.

Side note: I managed to get a legendary Galactic Staff from a Scout enemy using my thieves on Invicibility tiles during the Arcadia run. Tried for a legendary Cosmic Blade also but to no avail. Saw a legendary Nirvana also but was too far away to even attempt.
PSN: aces4839
Of course we can talk, zam, dood. - Prinny from Disgaea 2

User Info: Alukard1

Alukard1
3 months ago#2
Maybe it's time to work on getting the 1900 ( or it was 1800? lol ) Amrmasters and your lvl255 weapon mastery :-) it will be a GREAT help for Majorly and the other post game battles

aces4839
3 months ago#3
1900. And that takes ridiculously forever even with a maxed out Armsmaster.

Alukard1
3 months ago#4
Not that long, with the 1900 and your character ( Laharl ? ) vs a Divine Majin it's rather short, less that an hour :-)
(edited 3 months ago)

aces4839
3 months ago#5
An hour wasted, but I may decide to just go to 100 and leave it at that.

Alukard1
3 months ago#6
lol it's not wasted, these 255 lvl mastery are "too powerful" to skip them :-)

User Info: PainAmplifier

PainAmplifier
3 months ago#7
I did the same thing Priere First, Marjory second.

Marjory isn't much harder than Priere. As long as you can kill the two healers in one round, you should have enough HP/Damage to kill her. I had two semi-built up Sword users, Laharl and a Majin. Both had 1k or less stored levels. One had a L60 leveled Cosmic blade, the other a L30.

Laharl was doing about 150K ish damage a turn I think. The Majin with the lower weapon wasn't good enough to leave him out once the healers were dead.

I would engage Marjory around mid field. Every 4th or 5th round I would move near base, take my healer out and heal Laharl up with Omega Heal, then cancel move to return to Marjory and throw her to the back of the room. She wouldn't have enough move and reach to attack my healer, so next round I would put them safely back in the base and have Laharl keep her around mid-field while attacking.

Since Marjoly's biggest damage dealer is Magic, just have a full resist for Fire/Ice/Wind and a decent armor and you should be good. L60 Rare Celestial or Infernal Armor is good enough against her melee attacks.

The leveled Arcadia is almost overkill. I just have the second Item God Kill on mine to do...ran out of time last night...I got the Yos***suna first but decided to level the Arcadia first.
~Pain has a face. Allow me to show it to you.~
(edited 3 months ago)

aces4839
3 months ago#8
Pretty sure Marjory has Tera Star also, so that's not much help.

User Info: PainAmplifier

PainAmplifier
3 months ago#9
Yes, Marjory has all four Tera Spells including Star. Still iirc, there is a hidden +20% Res against Star that all characters have. And her attack is semi-random. I have animations off, so I don't recall what the spread was, but some turns she would do a lot less damage than others so she wasn't just spamming Star all the time. But against Laharl she was only doing around 40k-50k at most.

And all I had for gear was the L60 Cosmic sword, L60 Celestial Armor, L60 Accelerator and L30 Testament. So not super spectacular gear overall at that point.Innocents were a bit random but mostly 2k or less on the stat ones, and I had only a partial set.

I think I was around L2000-L2500 when I did the fight against her. I leveled the Legendary Cosmic Sword up next and took out Demonhall Mirrors against Rozalin and Adell with just that and the same armor and etc gear. I had maybe +500 more levels and held of my next transmigration until after that battle. I lost a few characters to Rozalin in that battle, but my thief stayed alive long enough to steal most of her gear and adells making them much weaker. Sadly, you can't do that against Marjory or Priere.

With those out, I used the Stronger enemies bill to hit max strength, then used Demonhall to level up to 5000 on Laharl, my Majin and a Thief (Sword user), before lowering enemy strength back down and diving into the Arcadia. (I could have cheesed it a bit sooner, but I wanted to be able to reasonable steal from Item God 2 without having to reset for an advantageous geo setup. I got lucky and had a lone island I could throw one enemy on and other than making a poor estimate of distance that got my primary healer sniped, the Item God 2 went down with only minimal deaths or risk. (Although It could have been bad if I lost the healer a lot sooner.)

..and I found out my memory was not up to it when I did max enemy strength, as the bonus fight in the Stellar Graveyard is against Overlord Zetta....something I don't recall from the PSP version off the top of my head. Didn't see him in the Trophy list either...but that could be the last trophy "What Lies Beyond the Battle "?
~Pain has a face. Allow me to show it to you.~

aces4839
3 months ago#10
That would be finishing the story outright. Then seeing the credits.
  1. Boards
  2. Disgaea 1 Complete
  3. Prepping for Marjory fight...
  • Topic Closed