You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Disgaea 1 Complete
  3. Debating heavily on buying..

User Info: OverlordJames

OverlordJames
4 months ago#11
You're best off getting the psp or ds versions. To me it's not even worth £25. Maybe if the newer features were in. But not as it is in its current state.
Yugioh DG ID: ugtgrime
PSN ID: Arrogantasosman

User Info: Wolf_Lorius

Wolf_Lorius
3 months ago#12
Thanks for the input.
Psn: Azrael_zahgurim
Not an excessively social gamer

User Info: Illuminoius

Illuminoius
3 months ago#13
if you already own the game in some form there isn't much value in buying such a lackluster "remaster"

User Info: aces4839

aces4839
3 months ago#14
900 Statisticians. Plus Asagi and the three prism rangers on new game+. Also, Gatekeepers in the Item World do not have a geo effect. Lastly, you can use Geo Change even on a completed story map.
PSN: aces4839
Of course we can talk, zam, dood. - Prinny from Disgaea 2
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: Illuminoius

Illuminoius
3 months ago#15
aces4839 posted...
Lastly, you can use Geo Change even on a completed story map.

this is no different from at least the psp version (not sure how it was on the ps2 original)

User Info: Wolf_Lorius

Wolf_Lorius
3 months ago#16
Ps2 was very rough around the edges and item world was almost entirely luck based to get hyperdrive
Psn: Azrael_zahgurim
Not an excessively social gamer
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: Alukard1

Alukard1
3 months ago#17
The RNG hasn't disappeared completely, impossible maps ( without the Hyperdrive ) still exist in this Complete version...

User Info: EPR-radar

EPR-radar
3 months ago#18
Alukard1 posted...
The RNG hasn't disappeared completely, impossible maps ( without the Hyperdrive ) still exist in this Complete version...

I've seen many item world maps in this version that can't be cleared without the hyperdrive (and some are impossible to clear even with the hyperdrive).

But I haven't seen any map where it was impossible to pass through the gate without the hyperdrive. IIRC that was the most obnoxious level generation RNG in the original game.

User Info: PainAmplifier

PainAmplifier
3 months ago#19
EPR-radar posted...
Alukard1 posted...

I've seen many item world maps in this version that can't be cleared without the hyperdrive (and some are impossible to clear even with the hyperdrive).

But I haven't seen any map where it was impossible to pass through the gate without the hyperdrive. IIRC that was the most obnoxious level generation RNG in the original game.

Having played every Disgaea outside of the DS/Switch versions....I have to say I actually like the *possibility* of a impossible map in the original PS2 version. And that includes the Invincible tile Gatekeeper.

The chance of a truly "impossible" map was not really that high overall, and the ones that came close could be overcome most of the time unless you had to kill an enemy and you simply didn't have a strong enough character to do so.

Gatekeeper on Invincible? Fist User attack moves him off.
Small map has invincible Geos and monsters? Find a way to pick a Geo up, and throw it into an enemy to trigger a Geo Chain or use your Geo Change Ability.
Hunting the Hyperdrive, just use lower level legendaries, no need to do it on a R40, chances of you getting that 'one' level to prevent a 1-100 run is pretty low overall.

To me it feels like over time the series started replacing things that did, could or might require a modicum of strategy with...time sinks. (Aka Things like Map/Pirate/ShipPart/CharaWorld Hunts) And to me that's the really tragic game enjoyment killer, not a modest chance of actually getting a level I might have to use one of the ton of MrGencies I have to reset the map with.
~Pain has a face. Allow me to show it to you.~

User Info: Alukard1

Alukard1
3 months ago#20
Low level legendaries don't work for getting the Hyperdrive :-)
  1. Boards
  2. Disgaea 1 Complete
  3. Debating heavily on buying..