• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Titan Quest
  3. Ok I'll admit...

User Info: Gaming4dummies

Gaming4dummies
3 months ago#1
The game is fun.
Don’t get me wrong, the interface is s***, there are glitches, bugs, and crashes.
The frame rate is stuttery and inconsistent.
Playing in hand held is a little tough on the eyes. The game is very dated.
I could list a page of crap I don’t care for.

And still, there isn’t a decent Diablo clone on the switch. And this is definitely *decent*
Fun and mindless, like Diablo, just not even close to as polished.

If you couldn’t care less, or have better games on your back log, pass for now.
If you are a genre fan, and come into this with very low expectations, I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised.

PRO TIP: There are times you can’t loot an item. As in, it hovers in the air inaccessible.
Press and hold “A” (which is default for gathering loot) and it will bring up a table where items in proximity can be snagged even if you can’t seem to pick it up.

Also! Reviews have complained that the character attacks monsters in random order sometimes charging to a far-away enemy and ignoring closer ones wailing on you. This is true. However, by pressing and holding “Y” (default attack) and the left analog in the direction you want to attack, a blue cones will appear and you have more control over who you target.
It isn’t perfect, but makes for less weirdness as you can direct your avatar better.
"It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man."

User Info: AyooRyan

AyooRyan
3 months ago#2
How bad/frequent is the crashing and how much progress loss does it cause? It’s pretty much the one thing holding me back from taking the leap right now. I can deal with a lot, but frequent crashing is generally where I draw the line.

User Info: AncientRomeBC

AncientRomeBC
3 months ago#3
I'm loving the game but the crashing is f***ing annoying it's crashed twice on me in 2hrs. I have only played in hanhdheld mode

SAVE FREQUENTLY!!!
Nintendo Switch = 2920-6179-2315
Ancient Astronaut Theorist

User Info: wowrocksnow

wowrocksnow
3 months ago#4
AyooRyan posted...
How bad/frequent is the crashing and how much progress loss does it cause? It’s pretty much the one thing holding me back from taking the leap right now. I can deal with a lot, but frequent crashing is generally where I draw the line.

The crashes are frequent. Sometimes a few times per hour. It's pretty bad. Combined with items I have equipped disappearing, I am not at all happy with my purchase.

User Info: AyooRyan

AyooRyan
3 months ago#5
wowrocksnow posted...
AyooRyan posted...

The crashes are frequent. Sometimes a few times per hour. It's pretty bad. Combined with items I have equipped disappearing, I am not at all happy with my purchase.

Damn, thanks for the heads up. I guess I’ll hold off until it’s in a better state. It’s too bad, I was really looking forward to this one.

User Info: Gaming4dummies

Gaming4dummies
3 months ago#6
AyooRyan posted...
wowrocksnow posted...
AyooRyan posted...

Damn, thanks for the heads up. I guess I’ll hold off until it’s in a better state. It’s too bad, I was really looking forward to this one.

I’ve been playing for about 3 hours.
Still in the first chapter. I haven’t had a crash yet. But I know they are coming.
Everyone crashes.
Ok. That’s a lie. I crashed once but that was at character creation and not since.
"It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man."
  1. Boards
  2. Titan Quest
  3. Ok I'll admit...
  • Topic Archived