• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Border Break
  3. Physical edition is always online?

User Info: Ryo_chan

Ryo_chan
1 year ago#1
Border Break as a digital free 2 play game is always online and don't even start without a connection.

Is it the same for the physical disc edition?
I know there is also offline content and the story mode.

User Info: SolNeko

SolNeko
1 year ago#2
The physical edition is the same, its an online game and the physical edition basically just gives you added bonuses like paid currency and premium service etc etc.

User Info: Devilman_Amon

Devilman_Amon
1 year ago#3
Even still, I think these kinda games should still have offline content and for the physical version, even if the servers eventually shut down, you could still play offline content like the original PSO for DC
(\__/)
(='.'=)

User Info: Dtok

Dtok
1 year ago#4
Unfortunately, this is an Online Arcade game in Japan and would require a LOT more work in order to make the game justifiable as a single player experience.

Still, the game is free.

If you're looking for a single player experience, it's best to either play the older Armored Cores or wait for the new one.

Gundam Breaker 3 will also somewhat fulfill that itch a bit, but it's not quite the same.
Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQm4-fm9o-qRQmALZ8P1JTA
PSN: DToNE7

User Info: Ryo_chan

Ryo_chan
1 year ago#5
Devilman_Amon posted...
Even still, I think these kinda games should still have offline content and for the physical version, even if the servers eventually shut down, you could still play offline content like the original PSO for DC

exactly, otherwise what's the point of a physical release?
  1. Boards
  2. Border Break
  3. Physical edition is always online?
  • Topic Archived