You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls Remastered
  3. Back To The Drawing Board

User Info: IssacFrost

IssacFrost
1 month ago#1
Okay do I spoke to KDTProjekt. They and me friendsd.

So they saw the evidence that I am in fact a Veteran of Dark Souls, but they also explained a LOT was changed from DKS1 I remember and love to DKS REM.

Guess I'll have to go to the drawing board and learn again how the game rolls this time. But I'm been known to be stubborn as f*** with my builds independent of how much pain it causes until I git gud.

While Crystal/Dark Mages are fun. And strength faith is usually my jam, I like the pyro dexterity build so I'm working on a wip while I hammer the joints.

So what did my build change now? Short answer:

Pyro Dex Build 125

Stats:
Vitality 45
Attunement 23
Endurance 45
Strength 12
Dexterity 45
Resistance 12
Intelligence 10
Faith 16

Right Hand
Balder Side Sword +15
Darkmoon Bow +5

Ammo
Moonlight Arrows
Poison Arrows

*Not sure yet if Moonlight Arrows is even worth it but it probably isn't. So maybe Poison Arrows. I'm open to suggestions but I do need that bow.

Left Hand
Grass Crest Shield +15
Ascended Pyromancy Flame +5

Armor
Crown of the Dark Sun
Moonlight Robe
Moonlight Gloves
Moonlight Waistcloth

*Yes. Armor is still this. I'm too fashion soul based and the set I like so it's staying.

Rings
Wolf Ring/Cloranthy Ring

*Prefer Poise + Fast roll. so Wolf but KDT is unable to get me as I'm stuck at Nat3 until the new modem from the isp arrives. Sooo... For now I'll make due with cloranthy. Perhaps I get to like it.

Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring

*Still does sizable damage with Crown of the Dark Sun and Power Within. Yes PW can be real bad. But it's a high risk, high reward setup. And again, depends. I might not even buff me with it and just use Charcoal.

Pyromancy 6/6
Power Within 1
Great Combustion 8
Great Fireball 4
Great Fireball 4
Fire Tempest 20
Fire Surge 80

*Yes. It's staying. Manual aiming all my fire. Tempest is trickier but at 45 Ex I hope to get the thing down pat on when it should be used.

(Note: I generally play my hybrids the other way: Meaning exceling in physical combat, weapon play, shield, rolls and having all the rest as a toolbox. So i might not even whip a GF. It depends on being unpredictable and faking with my pyro glove on while sword is out is what I enjoy the most since they will be expecting GC or BF.)

Consumables
Charcoal Pine Resin

*Gold Pine Resin has +150 Lightning but I certainly do not want to farm the damn thing. Charcoal stays.

Rest is Optional like Posion Knives.

Combos
One Hand
R2 R2

Two Hand
R2 R2 R1
While Dashing R1 R1
While Rolling R1 R1

(Ignore the combos. They might no longer even work. But if a Pyro Ninja from that build:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PgErjsxJCSk

Gets far with a crappier spell selection, I can probably do better.

(Who knows maybe he only matches against scrubs, I wouldn't know anymore given how much the Meta changed.)
PSN BrahmsFrost/ Issac Frost
Official Last Executioner of GameFaqs
(edited 1 month ago)

IssacFrost
1 month ago#2
Nope to Cloranthy Ring.
Yep to Wolf Ring.
Build done for PvE/PvP transitioning (in other words not just for duels but to actively invade as a blue hoe-- err bro.

User Info: KDTProjekt

KDTProjekt
1 month ago#3
You have far too much attunement. 14 to 16 is the most you'll ever need. A lot of the PvP spells you're running are garbage in PvE, and vice versa. Just swap the spells in and out depending on what you're doing, and run 3 to 4 slots.

45 VIT without RoFAP and/or Mask of the Mother is suicide at meta SL PvP.

Having an investment of 45 END with 0 poise before the application of Wolf Ring is questionable....at best. Regardless of fashion. 21 poise would be more realistic, or aiming for 31 to 32 BEFORE Wolf Ring for a more tryhard approach.

Why 16 Faith? Wtf?!
"Gamefaqs is just a random rants generator" - Westcurry
(edited 1 month ago)

IssacFrost
1 month ago#4
KDTProjekt posted...
You have far too much attunement. 14 to 16 is the most you'll ever need. A lot of the PvP spells you're running are garbage in PvE, and vice versa. Just swap the spells in and out depending on what you're doing, and run 3 to 4 slots.

45 VIT without RoFAP and/or Mask of the Mother is suicide at meta SL PvP.

Having an investment of 45 END with 0 poise before the application of Wolf Ring is questionable....at best. Regardless of fashion. 21 poise would be more realistic, or aiming for 31 to 32 BEFORE Wolf Ring for a more tryhard approach.

Why 16 Faith? Wtf?!

Need Great Chaos Fireball which you helped me see it was better. The only spells you might think are garbage are the Great Chaos Fireball changed to it. And Fire Tempest but after [Invasions not Duels, Invasions] I use it and it casts fast and usually they have to attempt a back stab but I cast it at range. You did do move out and I still have to get used to it for [Invasions not Duels] If duels then Fire Surge and Great Combustion with maybe a tactical apolication. But for Duels its not so hard you are not neither ambushing neither playing dirty against a Sinner with 10/15 chugs. I explained to you I'm not just a duelist. I'm also not a PvEr. I'm a Blue Bro.

Faith I already said it, I need that bow and I use that bow at +5 with fire arrows to either hit or fake but again that's INVASIONS. (Jeez I thought I had been clear.) I do a lot of invasions once I get back into Blue and the only spell I had not seen benefit was GCF for being 2 slots and 4 casts. But hot daman it melted Artorias as well so even better for bosses and in INVASIONS you can clip by using lots of footsies. Also armor was slightly changed.

Dude 50 Vit is suicide? How? I used to run only 50 and you said it yourself on discord, not a lot really changed that means poise combos are in. Dead angle doesn't exist, then great because never liked it. I'm doing great with this but for Duels I'll probably adjust it. It depends. Also sorry mate never used the masks not going to ever use them and don't need RoFaP for a game whose actual PvP is dead and no Fight clubs exists so what Meta?

Theres no one in Fight Clubs, no one doing any Tournaments. Nothing for any kind of Meta to exist and if it did, you admitted that the only Meta chance was dead angle is gone so every thing EGWF did is still valid and not obsolete as I saw the same info except with better graphics. Same story with latency and getting sucked into a backstab. All that is old story man. And with you having said this I find it odd: you already saw I been around this game for a long time.

Anyhow there is no real meta I'll just fight in Onvasions as a Blue Bro and meet cool people by winning or losing. And I'll just spend time jolly coop with others. No big deal. If I find someone good I'll pvp with them more. If not I have fun helping other people. Win win for me.

Last time: I do duels but those I play no heals and pretty much resins. No point using anything in a short 'arena-like' space. But INVASIONS which is what I do where I have to hunt them down and what not while fighing a SINNER as a blue bro with say five chugs versus ten, I better play as best as I can which usually means I'll use whatever tricks I can.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: chefbobby203

chefbobby203
1 month ago#5
Meta is fun, but also I've been liking sl40-60 coop and pvp lately. I seem to get lots of activity in lots of different spots at this level(even dlc areas)

User Info: Pancake

Pancake
1 month ago#6
i wish they gave you a red weapon buff for getting to rank 3 with kaathe. it doesn't even have to add damage.
https://i.imgtc.com/wKgp7al.gif

IssacFrost
4 weeks ago#7
Pancake posted...
i wish they gave you a red weapon buff for getting to rank 3 with kaathe. it doesn't even have to add damage.

Dark Souls 2. Yeah. I confused it at first

I kind of like the original covenants. I altered my build as much as I could. In termd of offense and fense for both gameplays.

IssacFrost
3 weeks ago#8
KDT is a fine player but his playstyle != not mine. We play differently. Which is why I like having different tools in combat. But yeah I'm a blue bro again. And it's been fun using great chaos fireball to clip into a stagger for combo. Tempest is now, thanks to that 45 dex cast speed and interesting spell more difficult to escape then WoTG Roll BS. Probably due to the area it affects. So one cast caught two gankers and it was pretty fun. I play more for fun, but the meta has not changed at all. still see Big Weapons paired with dark hand (Which I too can use) And several others using that as well. I have yet to see someone using any of the items KDT was mentioning. I'm not even sure they actually do PVP Duels either as he said it himself, he plays maybe less than thirty minutes and he is quickly on Warframe. I doubt they even follow any meta of any kind considering they said it themselves: what PvP?. So the only PvP is via invasions. Some will be honorable and others won't. But I'm having a lot of fun with the build. I'm not putting KDT down. I'm just saying that there criticism is not all of it valid as I don't actually see them ever pvping in the game even when I invite him to do so.
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: PreacherBeelze

PreacherBeelze
3 weeks ago#9
Just curious, why the dark moon bow when the comp bow fires just as fast and you can make it chaos, with fire arrows.

PS I like your style overall, I don’t play “meta” and mostly just am there for fun, when I’m there, which... is rare these days...

But I was just curious why the dark moon bow?

I love bows, they’re fun, comp bow and darkmoon bow both have the same speed.

Seems like you could free up a few points by dropping the darkmoon bow, and actually gain damage with the comp bow when made chaos with fire arrows...

Just an observation, not a criticism
I'm a painter, http://m.imgur.com/BNh6Uzk
(edited 3 weeks ago)

IssacFrost
3 weeks ago#10
PreacherBeelze posted...
Just curious, why the dark moon bow when the comp bow fires just as fast and you can make it chaos, with fire arrows.

PS I like your style overall, I don’t play “meta” and mostly just am there for fun, when I’m there, which... is rare these days...

But I was just curious why the dark moon bow?

I love bows, they’re fun, comp bow and darkmoon bow both have the same speed.

Seems like you could free up a few points by dropping the darkmoon bow, and actually gain damage with the comp bow when made chaos with fire arrows...

Just an observation, not a criticism

Yeah! IKR?! I made that mistake and was like Argh! Too late. f***it core build is ready and done. I still like fashion souls but I'm not that crazy so sensible fashion souls. I wish I had caugh that mistake when I was perusing a decent bow. Not that I can use it all the time since my build is faster without it. Buf yes I saw Comp bow and kicked myself. However this bow does let me snipe at more distancs, so not that terrible a choice during invasions.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls Remastered
  3. Back To The Drawing Board