Advice wanted: should I play Dark Souls 2?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls Remastered
  3. Advice wanted: should I play Dark Souls 2?

User Info: Jonbodhi

Jonbodhi
2 months ago#1
I've played Bloodborne, recently finished Dark Souls Remastered, and I'm now in the middle of Dark Souls 3. I skipped 2 because I'd heard so much that was negative about it, especially since the director of 1 & 3 didn't participate. Now, deep into 3, I'm wondering if I missed anything. Normally when I see threads like this, I think: 'just see for yourself you sheep!' But these are long, long games. I'd like some feedback. before I commit to yet another 100 hour game.
Good and evil have not changed, nor are they one thing among Elves and another among men. It is a man's part to discern them, as much in the Wood as at home.

User Info: Connor4576

Connor4576
2 months ago#2
DS2 is a good game, if you can ignore the haters.
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits" - Ye Olde Einstein

User Info: Big_Bawss

Big_Bawss
2 months ago#3
It's a good game period, it's just generally not considered as good as 1 or 3. It's an easy recommendation for anyone who likes Souls games.

User Info: Adam_Ocelot

Adam_Ocelot
2 months ago#4
Give it a shot, no reason not to.

I enjoyed (and still enjoy) it.
If Only Eye
Could See

User Info: EnemyWithin88

EnemyWithin88
2 months ago#5
Ds2 f***ing rules. Even more so if your just in it for single player
Play Slow Die Ignorant

User Info: vegetassj3421

vegetassj3421
2 months ago#6
You should it's a Souls game. Not the best but the DLC alone is worth it. Also go play Demon Souls. It's better than all of them IMO.
PSN:VegetaSSJ3420

User Info: kenff6

kenff6
2 months ago#7
How deep are you into 3? Balls deep?

User Info: Xethuminra

Xethuminra
2 months ago#8
"Is this the game for me?"

* (most) Mobs now mysteriously disappear after being killed several times
* Bonfire Ascetic allows you to revive area enemies and fight the boss again
* "Hollowing" works by slowly widdling down your health as your char zombifies
* Several key items and puzzles with Pharos Lockstones, Branches of Yore; and more
* Monsterous design in the hollow-faced "Watchers" and areas like Majula's gutter well
* Peculiar and strange story tracing the origins of "Things Betwixt" to certain malformed lifeforms.
* View multiple bloodstain-specters of dead players at once to see several different people die on screen!!
* Amazing level design in areas like Heide's Tower of Flame, Shulva's Sunken City, with great names to boot!!
* Beautiful intro cinematic, Sleeping lore of Bloodborne to be awakened, go around lighting torches and beheading statues!!

It's an amazing game! The rocks are so nice! The trees too! Forest-Fortress of Fallen Giants is grand! Grand Cathedral <3 Hunstman's Blood!

User Info: culchulach

culchulach
2 months ago#9
In brief ...
The truth is ... that dark souls 1 was insanely beloved ... for good reason ... it very well could be the goat. Dark Souls 2 was not as good in many ways (art, enemies, world design ... and on and on) and disappointed many fanboys at launch ... thus the hatred. But ... it also did many, many good, new and interesting things (weapon, playstyle and build variety, pvp upgrades and more) but disappointing fanboys can be a tricky thing ... so the hate sticks ...

But let's go beyond launch ... The DLCs were exceptionally good. Then PS4 and sotfs arrived which contained all the DLCs as well as changes and new content. This package ... Sotfs ... is arguably the most epic souls experience that exists. As a lover of souls you must experience it!

User Info: Xethuminra

Xethuminra
2 months ago#10
Go beyond the end

TC
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls Remastered
  3. Advice wanted: should I play Dark Souls 2?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived