You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: nineteen84

nineteen84
1 week ago#1
Honestly, I'm trying to engage in PvP when invaded. I know most people invading have much better knowledge, and have specific builds fleshed out, which is fine, and something I'd like to explore once I complete the game.

But in the meantime, it would be nice to at least last a few seconds in PvP, instead, I constantly get backstabbed randomly when the invader is nowhere near me, or during a roll, etc...

Is this a function of the switch running on wifi and the unavoidable lag this presents? I would hope that with a remaster they spent extra time on porting it wouldn't just be a broken aspect of the game, but maybe I'm wrong.

Thoughts? I know I'm opening myself up for some good ol' "git gud" spam but I'm geniunely curious if this is a common issue

User Info: lildragon0

lildragon0
1 week ago#2
What are you doing when you get backstabbed? Are you holding your shield up for the most part and then trying to roll away when they get close?

In general, you do have to keep in mind that there is always lag and it's not just because of the game. It's part of online play.

You have to change your mentality. When you attack, attack where the opponent will be in a few frames. And when you defend (and to avoid backstabs), don't defend against where your opponent is now, defend against where your opponent will be in a few frames.
Asus ROG GL502VS
Feminism, BLM, and political correctness are cancers to society. BLM is a feminist group that hates straight black males.

User Info: UltraGolisopod

UltraGolisopod
1 week ago#3
It's just Dark Souls 1. The metagame is basically just lagstabbing and dead angling, or using Dark Bead and high poise.

It's not complicated, but it can be fun. Personally, I enjoy low level pvp more than high level. More room for creativity.
This sig sucks

User Info: CRK44

CRK44
1 week ago#4
I would honestly just watch DkS1 PvP-ers on youtube. Specifically, vids that were put out by vets when the Remastered version came to the good consoles months ago. Get a feel for how to play. Maybe even a video from those same players that explains why those "cheap" backstabs happen aka how to not get backstabbed

There is no way that you're not playing a modified version of PvE. ie. badly spaced multi-hits, maybe even with a slow, low tier weapon. Everyone does when they first start. Also consider practicing toggle escaping. There are some weapons, not many, that stunlock infinitely unless you toggle escape. They are absolute scrub killers

User Info: lildragon0

lildragon0
1 week ago#5
Also, are you fat rolling? Try to keep your equip load to less than 25%.
Asus ROG GL502VS
Feminism, BLM, and political correctness are cancers to society. BLM is a feminist group that hates straight black males.

User Info: the_NGW

the_NGW
1 week ago#6
UltraGolisopod posted...
It's just Dark Souls 1. The metagame is basically just lagstabbing and dead angling, or using Dark Bead and high poise.

It's not complicated, but it can be fun. Personally, I enjoy low level pvp more than high level. More room for creativity.

No more DAs in the remaster, for the record.
GP Vs 2016: Second Place Winner
PSN: ourtheNGW | Nintendo Switch: SW-1891-6374-1416

User Info: UltraGolisopod

UltraGolisopod
1 week ago#7
the_NGW posted...
UltraGolisopod posted...

No more DAs in the remaster, for the record.

True. There's still some F U N hitboxes though.
This sig sucks

User Info: Pancake

Pancake
1 week ago#8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-3FHTebNxY

this is a very good video on the subject.

the description has links to parts of the video that directly cover your questions (see facestabs).
https://i.imgtc.com/wKgp7al.gif
(edited 1 week ago)
Backstab them in return then...unless you're a mage. This is P2P connection and you're the host, so you have a massive advantage in lag.
Welcome to the Internet, where stating your opinion is a declaration of war.

User Info: AkimboSlice1

AkimboSlice1
1 week ago#10
you'll get use to whats backstab range and whats not with practice. There are ways to counter backstab fishers and its easy to tell if a player is going for backstabs.

Just keep practicing to improve your backstab defense and never put your back against an opponent.
Boy, read this.