Balloon multiplier in hard mode?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
  3. Balloon multiplier in hard mode?

User Info: bcornelia

bcornelia
3 months ago#1
I'm wondering if the goal barrel will even let this happen in hard mode. I've been through roughly four worlds in hard and, even though I trigger the multiplier most of the time (by jumping into the barrel when the DK logo is in view), I don't think I've once gotten a balloon/life multiplier out of it.

When I was playing through in normal I got the balloon bonus a fair handful of times. Am I just getting unlucky now or this an attribute of hard mode?
Winkles acknowledge you.

bcornelia
3 months ago#2
Well I now have hard mode nearly completed with six worlds finished, and am still not running into the multiple balloon bonus. Seems pretty likely at this point that the game doesn't give it out on this difficulty.
Winkles acknowledge you.

bcornelia
3 months ago#3
lol nevermind! I only have six more stages left for hard mode and the game finally decides that it wants to give me the multiple balloon bonus. Guess this isn't a thing after all.
Winkles acknowledge you.
  1. Boards
  2. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
  3. Balloon multiplier in hard mode?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived