This was my favorite Switch game until I hit World 4.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
  3. This was my favorite Switch game until I hit World 4.

User Info: bcornelia

bcornelia
3 months ago#11
whitaker6490 posted...
bcornelia posted...
Quit worrying about the puzzle pieces. Look for them as you go but don't beat yourself up trying to get all of them as you're doing your initial playthrough. That sounds like a horrible way to first play through the game considering how hidden some of them are and how they don't really unlock anything interesting. You're just adding on needless frustration.

I like looking at the artwork, though. And if I screencap them and tweet them, and I can save them on my phone and use a few as backgrounds on my phone when I want something new to look at, lol.

Well hopefully the frustration is worth it since things probably won't get better.
Winkles acknowledge you.

User Info: Brian1337

Brian1337
3 months ago#12
whitaker6490 posted...
bcornelia posted...
Quit worrying about the puzzle pieces. Look for them as you go but don't beat yourself up trying to get all of them as you're doing your initial playthrough. That sounds like a horrible way to first play through the game considering how hidden some of them are and how they don't really unlock anything interesting. You're just adding on needless frustration.

I like looking at the artwork, though. And if I screencap them and tweet them, and I can save them on my phone and use a few as backgrounds on my phone when I want something new to look at, lol.

And I’ve got Hyrule Warriors next week, so I wanna try and have this 100%d before then. Probably not gonna worry about 200%ing it. Although it would be fun to play as the individual Kongs.

This is the perfect game to play at the same time as something like hyrule warriors or an RPG.

If you are doing all the content in warriors it's going to take you a longgggg time and a game like this will help break it up.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1145-retro-revival

User Info: whitaker6490

whitaker6490
3 months ago#13
Just 100%d the game. It picked right back up after Sea Breeze Cove (which again, had wonderful levels, just an awful boss fight and infuriating puzzle piece locations). Juicy Jungle and Donkey Kong Island were an absolute joy to play through. Well, except the final boss. Holy hell, he was annoying.

And of course, Secret Seclusion was wonderfully challenging. Rocket Rails was one of my favorite levels in the game.

Those minor flaws are a drop in the bucket compared all the sheer joy the rest of the game provided. 10/10, best 2D platformer I’ve ever had the privilege of playing.

Don’t think I’ll be going for 200%, though. Don’t think my temper can handle that.
"I will give you a show like you have never, ever seen before. Why? Because I can." -- Shawn Michaels
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
  3. This was my favorite Switch game until I hit World 4.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived