It really bothers me a several year old port is more expensive than the original

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
  3. It really bothers me a several year old port is more expensive than the original

User Info: Gogo726

Gogo726
4 months ago#11
I'm actually paying a lower price for the remake. I paid full price for the Wii U version and $48 for the Switch version.

User Info: bcornelia

bcornelia
4 months ago#12
The Wii U game being underpriced at release was arbitrary to begin with.
Winkles acknowledge you.

User Info: sashj

sashj
4 months ago#13
Don't buy it. Problem solved.

User Info: jcgonzmo

jcgonzmo
4 months ago#14
CarefreeDude posted...
jcgonzmo posted...
The Wii U failed and DKTF did not perform to what was expected of an AAA. I agree that they should sell this game at a full price to the more than 5 million people that did not buy it before. People like me, that already beat the hell out of the game, can wait for a price drop.
It actually raises the pedigree of the franchisen and the chances of getting a sequel if this game performs well. DK fans should be pushing for the Switch version to succeed.

Its more than "full price" though. The game retailed at 49.99

Full price game of a main switch game is $60. Release it for less and you run the risk of people discounting the franchise's value. Also, if you have Prime or GCU you can get it for $48.

User Info: jcgonzmo

jcgonzmo
4 months ago#15
Personally, I would have double dip if it included a new world. This is how good this game is. It did not include the new world, so I will wait for the price to go down. Having said that, I would never incur in a campaign to badmouth Nintendo or Donkey Kong. I am a fan of DK, an I want the game to sell as many copies as it can so we can get a sequel. Me complaining in public about the price, just hurts the chances of a sequel.

User Info: Gogo726

Gogo726
4 months ago#16
I hope it sells well too. The Switch already has a larger install base than the Wii U ever did, so there's a higher chance of success. Funky mode can't hurt either.

User Info: aux

aux
4 months ago#17
CarefreeDude posted...
I played this game on the Wii U, didn't finish it though; I am considering getting it on the switch, but I refuse to buy a port of an old game for more than what the original retailed at launch. It's just silly!

Not surprising, it bothers most Nintendo haters.

OMG, how can Nintendo get away with this???

The WiiU sold horribly. Many people never played Tropical Freeze. They might as well sell it as a new game, because it is a new game for most people. I'll be picking up my copy tomorrow.

When I was in high school, my Dad bought me Mortal Kombat 2 for the SNES. It was $80. Flash forward to 2018, and you're complaining about a new game costing less. More than 20 years later, and the price of Nintendo games has not significantly increased. Makes you wonder what there is to complain about.
Troll Slayer Extraordinaire!!!
Tis a dirty job, but somebody has to do it.

User Info: Jinzo126

Jinzo126
4 months ago#18
In my local Store in Germany it was slightly Cheaper than the Wii U version

PM: Wii U 50€ Switch 45€
Don't Judge my Grammar to Strong, I am from Germany. ;)
Smash Bros Mains: Luigi, Yoshi and Ness. Still wishing for a Official Mother 3 Release outside of Japan

User Info: dxb020100

dxb020100
4 months ago#19
They have every right to capitalize on the Switch and this amazing IP. It sucks spending $60 on it, granted, but I travel a lot for work. And that alone makes this game worth it.

User Info: Iggy_Koopa

Iggy_Koopa
4 months ago#20
aux posted...
CarefreeDude posted...
I played this game on the Wii U, didn't finish it though; I am considering getting it on the switch, but I refuse to buy a port of an old game for more than what the original retailed at launch. It's just silly!

Not surprising, it bothers most Nintendo haters.

OMG, how can Nintendo get away with this???

The WiiU sold horribly. Many people never played Tropical Freeze. They might as well sell it as a new game, because it is a new game for most people. I'll be picking up my copy tomorrow.

When I was in high school, my Dad bought me Mortal Kombat 2 for the SNES. It was $80. Flash forward to 2018, and you're complaining about a new game costing less. More than 20 years later, and the price of Nintendo games has not significantly increased. Makes you wonder what there is to complain about.

Er... what?

Oh you mean new in comparison to the 90s. That said, would you pay $90 for Mortal Kombat 2 ported to Switch?

I refused to buy Mario Kart 8 Deluxe as I wanted a new Mario Kart game, but I’d say with the additions made (battle mode tracks that should have been in to begin with) and not having to pay an extra $20 for the DLC, that it was fairly priced. This game I cannot defend. They could port a majority of the WiiU’s library to the Switch really, but I’d argue the prices if they didn’t make add any real additional content...
NNID: Keemie
SW-6625-4025-0329
  1. Boards
  2. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
  3. It really bothers me a several year old port is more expensive than the original

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived