• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition
  3. So this is THE best version? Just get it on Switch?

User Info: Waruldo

Waruldo
1 month ago#1
I borrowed a Wii U recently but getting a Switch soon, I am a massive Warriors fans and like Legend of Zelda too. But skipped the Wii U until now.

So should I just get this version when I get the Nintendo Switch?

User Info: ViniciusFernand

ViniciusFernand
1 month ago#2
Yes, the switch version is the best one by far. It comes with all the DLC ((even the ones WiiU didn't get), new costumes (only two, but hey more costumes), tweaks to difficulty and My fairies ((now in 3D).

User Info: SmokeRulz

SmokeRulz
1 month ago#3
Yes and it's not even an argument. This is basically an updated port of the 3DS version, with none of the 3DS's limitations, and with the missing stuff from Wii U added back in. It has at least triple the amount of content the Wii U version did, with no DLC to buy, and plays way better than either.

User Info: Tables

Tables
1 month ago#4
By and large, yes. Unfortunately it's the most buggy version as well as most complete, with game crashes being relatively common and other minor bugs existing where there were none in earlier versions. But overall if you were going to get one version, HW:DE is by far the most complete. It might be a lazy port overall, but that still makes it better than HWL for right now.
Everyone is entitled to my own opinion.

User Info: Windwakers

Windwakers
1 month ago#5
Yes, I enjoyed the Wii U version quite a bit and this one is even better!

User Info: Zanthion

Zanthion
1 month ago#6
After having finally gotten a Switch and this version of the game (I played the mess out of the Wii U game, but didn't bother with the 3DS one), I can say the only real problem with Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition is that there's almost too much stuff! There's at least triple the amount of content in the game now than there was when it first came out four years ago. It's gonna take forever to unlock everything.

User Info: Alfieri_x

Alfieri_x
1 month ago#7
Switch version by far. I stopped playing the WiiU version because the lack of content that was later released on the 3DS version discouraged me from completing it. However, in the distant future I may return to the WiiU version, because adventure maps are way more challenging than any other version.
"Who throws barrels at people? What are you, some giant ape who's made off with a pretty wench?" - Guillo

User Info: ChocoboMog123

ChocoboMog123
1 month ago#8
Although it definitely has the most features, and comes with them by default, there could be some arguments for balance. The WiiU version has some moments that are generally too hard (die in two hits, lose A rank in one), this one has many moments that are too easy (totally ignore taking damage, still get an A). But the difficulty does ramp up.
"You're sorely underestimating the power of nostalgia goggles." - adjl
http://www.smbc-comics.com/comics/20110218.gif

User Info: FalconPain

FalconPain
4 weeks ago#9
Literally the only two things I can think of that the WiiU version did better than the Switch version are complete non-factors for me at this point.
Full screen two-player support thanks to the Gamepad, and better handling of closeups of character models, which were only useful back when there was a Miiverse.
You should get at least one alt in the event you get warned or put into Purgatory. - Luster
It's probably easier to just not break the rules. - SmartMuffin

User Info: kaushik20

kaushik20
4 weeks ago#10
Yes, the Switch is the best version overall because it has all the content of Wii U and Legends, plus certain quality of life improvements like the Item Shop, modified damage requirements for A-ranks, increased weapon inventory, and decreased rupee costs in the Bazaar that dramatically streamline the experience for the better.
  1. Boards
  2. Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition
  3. So this is THE best version? Just get it on Switch?
  • Topic Archived