• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition
  3. Is Tingle supposed to suck ass?

User Info: GenericGuy

GenericGuy
2 months ago#1
So I'm on the Twilight Map, and I get to Tingle's Level 4 mission. I think "alright, his level 3 wasn't that bad, this should be fine".

Nope.

I was doing absolutely no damage to anything. It was taking >10 hits to kill a simple Outpost Captain and about one minute to take out a Darknut while playing optimally.

Combine this with the fact that this level has a Giant Boss (something Tingle sucks at) and it's not any Giant Boss, it's the f***ing Imprisoned, the boss that seemingly has double the HP of everything else for no f***ing reason, I decide to quit out and buff up my Tingle.

I replay his Level 3 weapon mission to get a better weapon (I still only had the basic one) and I ended up getting a three star one with decent strength skills. I then spend about three million rupees to raise him from Level 42 to Level 100 and also get him a few more badges and finally replay the Level 4 weapon...

He still sucks. I'm not sure if he's actually doing more damage than before because it doesn't seem like it. Darknuts still take an age to kill and there's no f***ing way I'm going to reach 1600 KOs and kill The Imprisoned with this.

What's happening here? Is Tingle supposed to be this bad?
funner

User Info: LinkPizza

LinkPizza
2 months ago#2
Idk. I think it's just a harder level. I remember having trouble with it. But I did get it eventually. And my Tingle is only level 86...
Official King of Kings
Switch FC: 7216-4417-4511 Add Me because I'll probably add you. I'm probably the LinkPizza you'll see around.

User Info: Tables

Tables
2 months ago#3
Tingle isn't really bad at all, but he's not top tier by any stretch. His C4 and C5 are his most useful moves in my experience - C5 is good for crowds, while C4-2 or C4-3 can rack up quick damage on officers. His C1 is sadly kinda useless. C2-1 is an okay launcher, unremarkable but it works. C3 can generally do damage to officers as well but personally, I prefer C4 or C5.

Anyway, from the sound of it, it's probably just a higher difficulty mission that's the problem. Level won't help a massive amount, you want weapon skills and similar bonus effects to make it easier. Bombos will also help a lot.
Everyone is entitled to my own opinion.

User Info: GenericGuy

GenericGuy
2 months ago#4
Tables posted...
Tingle isn't really bad at all, but he's not top tier by any stretch. His C4 and C5 are his most useful moves in my experience - C5 is good for crowds, while C4-2 or C4-3 can rack up quick damage on officers. His C1 is sadly kinda useless. C2-1 is an okay launcher, unremarkable but it works. C3 can generally do damage to officers as well but personally, I prefer C4 or C5.

Anyway, from the sound of it, it's probably just a higher difficulty mission that's the problem. Level won't help a massive amount, you want weapon skills and similar bonus effects to make it easier. Bombos will also help a lot.

I like his moveset, he's just doing no damage to anything.

Thankfully, said mission is a Magic Circle stage, so you get about 500 free KOs, making the requirement easier.
funner

User Info: Tables

Tables
2 months ago#5
His damage output is pretty typical, so it's really just a case of the mission itself having high defence enemies.
Everyone is entitled to my own opinion.

User Info: snake_5036

snake_5036
2 months ago#6
If you're level 100 then I'm not sure what you're doing wrong, I beat that mission in the 90s with a minute to spare.

Are you exploiting Darknuts by rolling behind them after attacking them from the front for their WPG exposure? Likewise, I would argue you should really only be using his C5 for most of the mission because he's near impossible to hit in the air with most enemies and it covers crowds fine even with the regular bombs.

When you reach the imprisoned, use C5 from the outside to take out his toes (but not too far out or he'll use his lightning attack which will hit Tingle in the air), or use your special attacks between them. Unless you're extremely lucky, Tingle is never going to take down the Imprisoned's WPG in one go, so you're going to take awhile fighting him no matter what (unless, again, you have TAS level RNG with C5). If you're over 10 minutes by the time you reach him, you might want to consider restarting the mission.

I also recommend using a double bombos fairy on this mission. This is one of the few times I'll recommend using a fairy for anything besides supplementary reasons, but it helps a hell of a lot with Imprisoned and it can help with dealing with the defense of the rest of the enemies too.
You felt your sins weighing down on your neck.

User Info: _Enigmatic_

_Enigmatic_
2 months ago#7
I would recommend skipping ahead to Grand Travels to snag his Lv. 4+ weapon and then come back. Golden Trains make it ridiculously easy to get.
Switch FC: SW-3456-5221-2820; 3DS FC: 3497 - 1031 - 4358; IGN: Ender
I HATE THE GIANT BLADE MORE THAN ANYTHING ON THIS EARTH

User Info: maymod

maymod
2 months ago#8
With a decent weapon tingles C5 rocks...
Whats The Point

User Info: Nocturnesthesia

Nocturnesthesia
1 month ago#9
I think so. f*** Tingle. The only one I might dislike more than Tingle in this game is Medli but I'm not sure.

User Info: ch0mpster22

ch0mpster22
1 month ago#10
Tingle is an AoE monster and really loves those meat grinder maps. The bigger issue is his f***ing running noise. I can put up with SK, but jesus listening to him running for 10+ minutes really grinds my gears.
  1. Boards
  2. Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition
  3. Is Tingle supposed to suck ass?
  • Topic Archived