More research on A Rank requirements for Damage Taken

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition
  3. More research on A Rank requirements for Damage Taken

User Info: SBAllen

SBAllen
1 month ago#1
Howdy all. So I've seen the following numbers passed around and have even incorporated them into my Unlockable Guide. These are based on the color of the tile when you first access the map:

Starting/Green Areas: 1200 KOs, 100 Damage Taken
Yellow/Purple/Orange Areas: 1200 KOs, 150 Damage Taken
Blue/Red Areas: 1600 KOs, 250 Damage Taken

They seemed to match up with my experience until yesterday. I was played a red stage and took 242 Damage and got a B. Based on that, I assumed that it was probably actually 200 damage taken for the blue/red stages. I even updated my guide to that for the next update to publish. But then, this happened today, on a blue stage:

https://imgtc.com/i/0UdHo59.jpg

So my new assumption that I will hopefully test out later is as follows:

Starting/Green Areas: 1200+ KOs, LESS THAN 100 Damage
Yellow/Purple/Orange Areas: 1200+ KOs, LESS THAN 150 Damage
Blue/Red Areas: 1600+ KOs, LESS THAN 200 Damage

If anyone else wants to try to help confirm this, that would be awesome. I can't do a lot of testing as most of my free time for playing is going into trying to get the guide updated, but I'm pretty sure those are fully correct now.

Edit: Fixed some stuff, first stage I played with a red stage, not blue like I first said. Read my notes wrong, heh.
"Um, let's face it, you'd be better off staying at the Hilton."
http://facebook.com/GFAQS | http://twitter.com/GameFAQs

User Info: HitTheGroundWal

HitTheGroundWal
1 month ago#2
I can try to help with that, but for now I do have a small offering for your guide.

The Twilight Jewel in white can be found in Adventure Map: G2 / 7 across 2 down, where you play as Tingle. The white twilight set was previously available only as a UK preorder from what I've read. I found the top at random, and so I went in search of the jewel by checking tiles with an accessory and then seeing if one was recorded for that tile. I don't know where the top is, but I made sure to make note of the jewel's location. I didn't make note of which keep the chest was in though, I didn't think about it at the time. >.<
It's supposed to be HitTheGroundWalking.

User Info: yab

yab
1 month ago#3
HitTheGroundWal posted...
I didn't make note of which keep the chest was in though, I didn't think about it at the time. >.<

I hadn't done this one yet so I just went back and got it, it's in Central Square.

User Info: jaigo2

jaigo2
1 month ago#4
Hmm... I thought it was Percentage based.

BTW, what are the damage restrictions on the Rewards Map?

User Info: HitakaPhoenix

HitakaPhoenix
1 month ago#5
What do the damage numbers actually mean? One time I got 0 damage on the results screen even though I took a quarter heart of damage. I thought 1 damage = 1/4 heart but apparently not?
Life itself is that which is eternal.

User Info: HitTheGroundWal

HitTheGroundWal
1 month ago#6
HitakaPhoenix posted...
What do the damage numbers actually mean? One time I got 0 damage on the results screen even though I took a quarter heart of damage. I thought 1 damage = 1/4 heart but apparently not?

I'm pretty sure it's % of total health. I think. Maybe. I bet you had enough hearts that 1/4th a heart was less than 1% of your health, and so it said 0.
It's supposed to be HitTheGroundWalking.

User Info: yzman

yzman
1 month ago#7
jaigo2 posted...
Hmm... I thought it was Percentage based.

BTW, what are the damage restrictions on the Rewards Map?

Those ARE percents.
As I was walking up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there, he wasn't there again today, i wish I wish he'd go away

User Info: Drunken_Idiot

Drunken_Idiot
1 month ago#8
Oh damn. You still play this, Allen?

User Info: akwan_tarot

akwan_tarot
1 month ago#9
On a side note, I am pretty sure that there are stages where you can get S rank for under 1200 KOs. I've even got a recent screenshot to prove it.

User Info: Drunken_Idiot

Drunken_Idiot
1 month ago#10
akwan_tarot posted...
On a side note, I am pretty sure that there are stages where you can get S rank for under 1200 KOs. I've even got a recent screenshot to prove it.

Can confirm this is true. Agitha’s level two mission.
  1. Boards
  2. Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition
  3. More research on A Rank requirements for Damage Taken

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived