Revisiting HW After FE:W Makes It Feel So Much More Challenging, I Love It

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition
  3. Revisiting HW After FE:W Makes It Feel So Much More Challenging, I Love It

User Info: SamA7X

SamA7X
4 weeks ago#1
Fire Emblem Warriors was a fantastic game which I put over 300 hours into, that DLC just kept coming didn't it? Despite my love for the game it was definitely way too easy. Like duo special attacks could finish off pretty much any boss in the game in a single blow and the weapon triangle system made it simple to take down captains and character bosses with ease.

Starting Hyrule Warriors after coming from that game really does create an extra sense of challenge, FE:W gave you everything on a silver platter and HW makes you work for it, which I adore. The level 80 Ana stages in FE:W were meant to be the toughest challenges in the game yet compared to an average adventure map in HW it seems very tame in difficulty.

Heres to countless hours of grinding, finishing off all the adventure mode maps, getting those rainbow fairy skills and getting everyone upto level 255.
You simply cannot see the forest for the trees, You're not able to comprehend the true meaning of peace or what I'm trying to accomplish.

User Info: QueenCia

QueenCia
4 weeks ago#2
SamA7X posted...
Fire Emblem Warriors was a fantastic game which I put over 300 hours into, that DLC just kept coming didn't it? Despite my love for the game it was definitely way too easy. Like duo special attacks could finish off pretty much any boss in the game in a single blow and the weapon triangle system made it simple to take down captains and character bosses with ease.

Starting Hyrule Warriors after coming from that game really does create an extra sense of challenge, FE:W gave you everything on a silver platter and HW makes you work for it, which I adore. The level 80 Ana stages in FE:W were meant to be the toughest challenges in the game yet compared to an average adventure map in HW it seems very tame in difficulty.

Heres to countless hours of grinding, finishing off all the adventure mode maps, getting those rainbow fairy skills and getting everyone upto level 255.

prreeeaacchhh! Loved FEW but I agree with you completely.

User Info: bcornelia

bcornelia
4 weeks ago#3
SamA7X posted...

whoa take it easy man
Winkles acknowledge you.

SamA7X
4 weeks ago#4
I already have Cia upto level 103, when you know where to grind leveling isn't that bad.
You simply cannot see the forest for the trees, You're not able to comprehend the true meaning of peace or what I'm trying to accomplish.

User Info: MrPerson01

MrPerson01
4 weeks ago#5
SamA7X posted...
I already have Cia upto level 103, when you know where to grind leveling isn't that bad.

What is the best place to grind to level 255? Planning on trying to do this with some characters when I get the game.

SamA7X
4 weeks ago#6
A good place to start is the master quest adventure map on the stage in the bottom left corner. It's a rack up your KO's map, it's also a max difficulty map so the enemies give the maximum exp. Theres always a supply of magic pots so you can keep using focus spirit to get even more exp. The stage has 3 huge bosses and 5 character bosses which all give huge exp too.

User Info: yzman

yzman
4 weeks ago#7
SamA7X posted...
A good place to start is the master quest adventure map on the stage in the bottom left corner. It's a rack up your KO's map, it's also a max difficulty map so the enemies give the maximum exp. Theres always a supply of magic pots so you can keep using focus spirit to get even more exp. The stage has 3 huge bosses and 5 character bosses which all give huge exp too.

And how many levels do you average on that level?
As I was walking up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there, he wasn't there again today, i wish I wish he'd go away

User Info: georgethecow4

georgethecow4
4 weeks ago#8
I agree. FEW’s easy DLC was better than the original HW game’s super hard DLC, but man did it feel like I was just going through the motions with either no challenge or instant loss due to arrow guys attacking idiotic flier guys.

User Info: GodOfDerp

GodOfDerp
4 weeks ago#9
I agree, I forgot HW actually had some pretty damn hard battles thrown around.

FEW was overall super easy with only a few tough battles. And even then those weren't really hard if you knew what to expect. And most of the losses you would get were from things you wouldn't be able to actually stop unless you killed it off before hand (archers swarming your base and making a pin cushion out of the commander who was a flier is the most common example) Which felt cheap at times, but wasn't to bad if you paid attention.

HW actually has some extremely hard battles. Some in the good sense, and some in the bad sense. Good like ones that are actually difficult but not cheap and highly rewarding to beat. And bad in the sense that the only "difficulty" is from number inflated enemies or cheap loss conditions.

SamA7X
4 weeks ago#10
yzman posted...
SamA7X posted...

And how many levels do you average on that level?

Depends on your level, if you're still 20ish you could easily jump to 35-40 in a single run. After level 50 it can elevate you around 5-10 levels each run dependant on how many huge bosses and character bosses you take down.
  1. Boards
  2. Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition
  3. Revisiting HW After FE:W Makes It Feel So Much More Challenging, I Love It

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived