Going for the Wind Waker Ganon robes was pretty satisfying

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition
  3. Going for the Wind Waker Ganon robes was pretty satisfying

User Info: bcornelia

bcornelia
4 weeks ago#1
I was adamant on getting this early, so I looked up where this costume was and headed out into the first Adventure map just prior to me tackling the Ganondorf missions in the story mode.

My heart sank when I realized there was a required Toon Link mission in the way. Luckily TL is alternatively unlocked on the first square of the Great Sea Map, and thanks to the boss team-up mechanics carried over from the 3DS game, the Helmaroc King in that Great Sea mission isn't a problem- you can totally overwhelm him with those 3DS team-up mechanics. No need for the hammer you get in the story mode.

f*** yes. When I first played through the story modes in Hyrule Warriors Legends on the 3DS several years ago, Ganondorf's Wind Waker outfit was a season pass bonus, so I got to enjoy it pretty much as soon as I started using him. Now I got it early enough, and the game doesn't look like ass to boot.

I'm so happy they made this version. It's a generous package to say the least.
Winkles acknowledge you.

User Info: SUPERZELDA16

SUPERZELDA16
4 weeks ago#2
bcornelia posted...
My heart sank when I realized there was a required Toon Link mission in the way, and against a Helmaroc King no less. Luckily TL is alternatively unlocked on the first square of the Great Sea Map, and thanks to the boss team-up mechanics carried over from the 3DS game, Helmaroc isn't a problem since you can totally overwhelm him with those 3DS team-up mechanics. No need for the hammer you get in the story mode.

Are you telling me that they didn't move the Toon Link rewards from the first Adventure Map, and that you have to dip into the Great Sea Map to complete the first map? And also that they added the WW bosses to the first map?

User Info: bcornelia

bcornelia
4 weeks ago#3
Sorry, I didn't phrase that right. What I meant to say is that, in the great sea mission where you unlock toon link, you fight a helmaroc king. Yeah, I'll go edit that...
Winkles acknowledge you.

User Info: SUPERZELDA16

SUPERZELDA16
4 weeks ago#4
bcornelia posted...
Sorry, I didn't phrase that right. What I meant to say is that, in the great sea mission where you unlock toon link, you fight a helmaroc king. Yeah, I'll go edit that...

Are the Toon Link rewards still on the Adventure Map though? If that's so, then it means you have to start the Great Sea Map a bit to finish the first map, which I find a bit counterintuitive.

User Info: yab

yab
4 weeks ago#5
Yeah, there are still Toon Link rewards on the Adventure map.

Apparently you can unlock Toon Link from Legend mode too, so you don't have to start the Great Sea Map.

User Info: Blayshy

Blayshy
4 weeks ago#6
yab posted...
Yeah, there are still Toon Link rewards on the Adventure map.

Apparently you can unlock Toon Link from Legend mode too, so you don't have to start the Great Sea Map.

Uh, no. Only Tetra and King Daphnes can be either unlocked via Legend Mode or Adventure Mode. Toon Link is only via Adventure Mode.
Uh... A-Are you sure to interact with others?
-Mario, Ganondorf, Sonic, Bowser Jr. / Wendy, Duck Hunt, Marth, Mewtwo Mainer.

User Info: Blayshy

Blayshy
4 weeks ago#7
By the way, lol at the sleeves.
Uh... A-Are you sure to interact with others?
-Mario, Ganondorf, Sonic, Bowser Jr. / Wendy, Duck Hunt, Marth, Mewtwo Mainer.

User Info: yab

yab
4 weeks ago#8
Blayshy posted...
Uh, no.

You enjoyed being extra arrogant with this one, didn't you?
Just going by what TC said.
  1. Boards
  2. Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition
  3. Going for the Wind Waker Ganon robes was pretty satisfying

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived