Are the absurd and bs rank requirements still in this?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition
  3. Are the absurd and bs rank requirements still in this?

User Info: shamfuru

shamfuru
1 month ago#1
I remember them being the worst out of any musou game.

Did they change them at all, or is this just a direct port?
--- Remove the cancer, take back your souls ---
Want a chill, friendly Monster Hunter World guild? Join World Hunters Entertainment https://discord.gg/ZRE6wmc

User Info: Nabiki_Tendo

Nabiki_Tendo
1 month ago#2
from what many people said they chaned them atlest the Health requirments are diffrent now so they go after Percentage instead of points
AC New leaf Dream adress: 6D00-0011-18C5

User Info: Zargon19

Zargon19
1 month ago#3
Health requirement now takes into account a percentage of your max health, rather than a set amount regardless of how many hearts you have. This also has the benefit of making heart pieces not as useless to collect.

User Info: ZeroJinKui

ZeroJinKui
1 month ago#4
is there a reason to worry about rank?

or are they just for perfectionists?

cause i always hate when a game forces you to be unreasonably perfect at something just to unlock stuff.

it really kills the fun.
optimism is a drug, you think it'll help you, and it might feel good for a bit, but in the end... you'll just become a burnout in denial.

User Info: SUPERZELDA16

SUPERZELDA16
1 month ago#5
ZeroJinKui posted...
is there a reason to worry about rank?

or are they just for perfectionists?

cause i always hate when a game forces you to be unreasonably perfect at something just to unlock stuff.

it really kills the fun.

Most of the stuff is locked behind the ranking system, but honestly the requirements are usually lenient, so it isn't too much of a problem. As long as you remember what are the requirements for your mission (most of the time it's 15 minutes/1,200KOs/150%) and do your best to meet them, you shouldn't encounter too much issues. The best rank is A, but it very rarely requires perfection to attain.

User Info: ZeroJinKui

ZeroJinKui
4 weeks ago#6
SUPERZELDA16 posted...
Most of the stuff is locked behind the ranking system, but honestly the requirements are usually lenient, so it isn't too much of a problem. As long as you remember what are the requirements for your mission (most of the time it's 15 minutes/1,200KOs/150%) and do your best to meet them, you shouldn't encounter too much issues. The best rank is A, but it very rarely requires perfection to attain.

the problem is, when i am being forced to perform to certain requirements, i become extremely stressed, which ruins everything.

so even lenient requirements become immensely difficult to pull off.

...i am going to be losing my goddamn mind and probably end up smashing something.
optimism is a drug, you think it'll help you, and it might feel good for a bit, but in the end... you'll just become a burnout in denial.

User Info: Yamato_san

Yamato_san
4 weeks ago#7
Yes, I too hate it when collectibles are put behind insane challenges, but as mentioned, this game's pretty lenient for the most part. If worst comes to worst, this game does have RPG leveling mechanics (as well as various other upgrades you can make to characters), so you can always just grind and come back to anything that's giving you trouble (or use the Training Dojo).

User Info: Naruzeldamaster

Naruzeldamaster
4 weeks ago#8
Yamato_san posted...
Yes, I too hate it when collectibles are put behind insane challenges, but as mentioned, this game's pretty lenient for the most part. If worst comes to worst, this game does have RPG leveling mechanics (as well as various other upgrades you can make to characters), so you can always just grind and come back to anything that's giving you trouble (or use the Training Dojo).

I'd be careful of the 'quiz' objectives though...make sure ya do those relatively close to the recommended level for that square in any guide.

Sure game, ask me to defeat the right character first...and then have both of them immediately aggro at the same time and have their AI for this one particular challenge have them stick as close as possible.

The few of these that I did on Wii U version were annoying to A rank cause of how damage calculation was done. Won't be attempting to A rank any of these until I have as many extra heart containers as I can get.
FC (USun): 1134-9578-3279 IGN Lucas
Riolu's for trade, filling in the dex!

User Info: bcornelia

bcornelia
4 weeks ago#9
ZeroJinKui posted...
SUPERZELDA16 posted...

the problem is, when i am being forced to perform to certain requirements, i become extremely stressed, which ruins everything.

so even lenient requirements become immensely difficult to pull off.

...i am going to be losing my goddamn mind and probably end up smashing something.

You'll get over it. Unless you break your console first.
Winkles acknowledge you.
  1. Boards
  2. Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition
  3. Are the absurd and bs rank requirements still in this?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived