Japanese version discussion (spoilers, obviously.)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition
  3. Japanese version discussion (spoilers, obviously.)

User Info: SmokeRulz

SmokeRulz
5 months ago#91
Mr Stick posted...
I am a little annoyed FEW still doesn't have video capture, but 1-2 Switch has it. I know it is standard for Nintendo games, but I think Xenoblade still doesn't have it, and other 3rd party handled titles (Mario+Rabbids, Pokken) have it.

It's not standard for ALL Nintendo games, but it is/was being steadily patched into certain games here and there. I think Xenoblade is supposed to get it soon, if it hasn't yet. Not sure about HWDE yet.

Screenshots should be doable with all games though, no problem.

User Info: Mr Stick

Mr Stick
5 months ago#92
SmokeRulz posted...
Mr Stick posted...
I am a little annoyed FEW still doesn't have video capture, but 1-2 Switch has it. I know it is standard for Nintendo games, but I think Xenoblade still doesn't have it, and other 3rd party handled titles (Mario+Rabbids, Pokken) have it.

It's not standard for ALL Nintendo games, but it is/was being steadily patched into certain games here and there. I think Xenoblade is supposed to get it soon, if it hasn't yet. Not sure about HWDE yet.

Well, I mean because Nintendo pretty much said all games with their properties would have it either at launch or eventually and they updated all of their 1st & 2nd party titles to include it, plus a few crossovers (1-2 Switch, Zelda, Mario, Mario Kart, Mario+Rabbids, Bayonetta, Pokken, ARMS, Splatoon 2, Kirby) except Xenoblade 2 & FE Warriors so far. Not everything had it when the update added the ability, but Nintendo games started launching with it after Mario (except Xenoblade).

Bad enough I will never be able to record FEW stuff before I 100% complete it.
~ MoldyClay ~
Switch: SW-1380-1579-0614 ;; PSN: MoldyClay

User Info: Yamato_san

Yamato_san
5 months ago#93
Does the Switch version still have Network Links?

Whit19 posted...
No English subtitles, though there is some English in the game, for some reason, but it's sparse. Like, the music player selection is in English. When you first begin Adventure Mode, the opening is in English. Other than that, it's Japanese, Korean, or Chinese unfortunately.

Oh yeah, the game's music tracks were always listed in English for whatever reason (even directly referring to games like Spirit Tracks despite having different titles in Japan). I can confirm that it was like this for the Japanese WiiU and 3DS versions. And the Adventure Mode opening is meant to emulate the intro to the original Famicom game (which is explained in the link below).
https://legendsoflocalization.com/the-legend-of-zelda/gameplay/#intro-story

Mr Stick
5 months ago#94
Also, in case anyone wants to look through Twitter, the built in hashtag is #ZELDA無双HADX.
~ MoldyClay ~

User Info: Folt

Folt
5 months ago#95
SmokeRulz posted...
Mr Stick posted...

Well, FEW is getting the option of video capture on the 29th which is neat.

On topic, if possible, I'd love to see if they've updated the Adventure Map Credits to include the Legends DLC characters this time around.

Mr Stick
5 months ago#96
Folt posted...

Well, FEW is getting the option of video capture on the 29th which is neat.

On topic, if possible, I'd love to see if they've updated the Adventure Map Credits to include the Legends DLC characters this time around.

Yeah, I thought that was funny that video capture was brought up and now it is added, so now it is just Xenoblade that needs it (and if HWDE doesn't have it). I had honestly given up hope, expecting FEW to not get it until some random day where I completed everything already.

In regards to the Adventure Ending, I would HOPE so.
~ MoldyClay ~

User Info: bcornelia

bcornelia
5 months ago#97
Would love to see some pics or maybe footage of Ganondorf's Wind Waker outfit in action (as well as know its location). That was such a cool skin in Legends, though it was really blurry-looking during gameplay. I imagine it looks way better now.

watch it just not be there. I'd be so mad lol
Winkles acknowledge you.

User Info: TourianTourist

TourianTourist
5 months ago#98
https://www.reddit.com/r/HyruleWarriors/comments/864rr5/some_changes_i_noticed_playing_hwde/

According to the guy on reddit you can now store 20 weapons per weapon type instead of just 10.

Badge material costs have also been reduced here and there.
Hyrule Blog
http://hyrule.blog

User Info: UpinTheCosmos

UpinTheCosmos
5 months ago#99
I went ahead and imported the game myself and I've been playing through Legend mode on handheld and the game seems to have a lot of framerate issues while in battle, one of the boss intros ran around 12-16 fps, but on TV mode the game seems to be more stable. Also I think it's a bit lazy that they used the Wii U cutscenes for story mode and didn't bother with updating them to match the current maps, so you end up going from the more lit up maps in DX to the darker maps from Wii U (Thats a very minor nitpick though). I'd still reccomend the game though cos it's still very fun even with the fps issues on handheld.
I don't comment much.

User Info: Konnor97

Konnor97
5 months ago#100
TourianTourist posted...
https://www.reddit.com/r/HyruleWarriors/comments/864rr5/some_changes_i_noticed_playing_hwde/

According to the guy on reddit you can now store 20 weapons per weapon type instead of just 10.

That's the best news to come out of this so far.
My FC: 1719-3226-3296 Friend Safari Pkmn: Lampent, Phantump, and Golurk
  1. Boards
  2. Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition
  3. Japanese version discussion (spoilers, obviously.)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived