• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle
  3. Brook xbox-switch adapter

User Info: phaze_basic

phaze_basic
10 months ago#1
I have an original SF4 Madcatz TE for the 360. I'm not actually wealthy, so I'd rather use adapters to get this stick working on other consoles than buying a new stick for every console that I want to play fighting games on. I heard that the Brook adapters are good, so I bought the xbox 360/xbox one - switch controller adapter. But I'm old, I'm dumb when it comes to tech, and I can't figure out how to actually get this adapter to WORK. It's clearly not like the Chronus adapter that i used to get my stick working on PS3 back in the previous console generation. With that, I just plugged it in and it worked.

I tried google, it didn't help. Maybe someone here knows what to do?
I'll believe that corporations are people when Texas executes one.

User Info: lildogJim

lildogJim
10 months ago#2
I'm not sure, but I'll comment so this thread can stay relevant.
Xbox GT: lildog Jim
I like to check both boards of a game. But whenever I mention anything about a game I'm playing, I'm talking about Xbox.

phaze_basic
9 months ago#3
Bump

User Info: brentoni

brentoni
9 months ago#4
I don't know much about that specific adapter but here are 2 pieces of advice that seem to apply to most of the adapters for switch:
1. Make sure it has the most recent firmware. A recent software update broke most third party adapters/controllers and they need new firmware to fix them.
2. In the Switch controller settings you have to set them to allow pro controller to connect by usb.

phaze_basic
9 months ago#5
I know this is extremely dumb, but I can't find the update. I don't see it on the brooks website, and google keeps giving me hits for the playstation adapter instead of the xbox adapter.

I'm also a bit concerned that my stick might not be supported, even though my stick is far from obscure. It's an original Street Fighter 4 Madcatz TE, the one that came out when SF4 launched. The website shows that the TE2 is supported, but mentions nothing about other TEs. Since mine is the launch model, I assume that means it's a TE1 instead of a TE2? But I don't see the TE1 in the "not supported" list either. You'd think such a popular and widespread stick would either be supported, or would show up in the "not supported" list if it wasn't.
  1. Boards
  2. BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle
  3. Brook xbox-switch adapter
  • Topic Archived