• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: GiddtheDevil

GiddtheDevil
10 months ago#1
So I've been itching for a new game on switch while I wait for Octopath Traveler to come out and figured since I don't have a fighting game on the system yet I might pick this game up. Is it worth it, and if so should I buy the base version and pick up the free dlc characters while they're available or dip in a tad more and buy the deluxe version with the character pass included?
Currently playing: Dark Souls Remastered

User Info: Cephrien

Cephrien
10 months ago#2
It is the best fighter on the Switch imo. Comfortable controls and easily accessible, like Dragon Ball FighterZ. Not sure if you've ever played any of the IPs featured-- but if not, dont worry about it since this is a big spin-off.

User Info: GiddtheDevil

GiddtheDevil
10 months ago#3
I do like most of the IPs included. My first arcsys game was Persona 4 Arena back in the day. After that I dabbled into Guilty Gear and Blazblue. Never heard of In-birth before this game but it does look interesting and as for RWBY, while I'm never really got into it, my friends really are so I figured it'd be nice for when we just feel like playing fighting game. The main thing that's got me miffed is most of the roster being DLC. I'm not sure how bad it really is though. I dunno I guess I just wanted a second opinion before I buy the game.
Currently playing: Dark Souls Remastered

User Info: sonicking917

sonicking917
10 months ago#4
Getting the season pass with the game makes it $10 more than an average game, $10 for 18 characters isn't that bad. (Blake and Yang from RWBY are free)
Support bacteria, it's the only culture we have left.
Switch FC: 7892-0814-1501

User Info: nil_cam

nil_cam
10 months ago#5
GiddtheDevil posted...
I do like most of the IPs included. My first arcsys game was Persona 4 Arena back in the day. After that I dabbled into Guilty Gear and Blazblue. Never heard of In-birth before this game but it does look interesting and as for RWBY, while I'm never really got into it, my friends really are so I figured it'd be nice for when we just feel like playing fighting game. The main thing that's got me miffed is most of the roster being DLC. I'm not sure how bad it really is though. I dunno I guess I just wanted a second opinion before I buy the game.

It feels quite similar to P4A, in the best way. I love the P4A games and my skill in that game has helped me significantly in Cross Tag.

User Info: GameMaster14GM

GameMaster14GM
10 months ago#6
I traded in street fighter 30th for this game. I got so annoyed with SF this game is also my FIRST arc systems fighter and im an avid fgc player who played mvc2, mvc3, kofs, ssf4, etc.

Im loving it. Its the best 2v2 i played and fun. Smooth online and missions and other modes. well worth 50 bucks with the presentation. Thinking of getting the dlc pass, 15 plus characters for 20 bucks is a steal.

User Info: nil_cam

nil_cam
10 months ago#7
GameMaster14GM posted...
I traded in street fighter 30th for this game. I got so annoyed with SF this game is also my FIRST arc systems fighter and im an avid fgc player who played mvc2, mvc3, kofs, ssf4, etc.

Im loving it. Its the best 2v2 i played and fun. Smooth online and missions and other modes. well worth 50 bucks with the presentation. Thinking of getting the dlc pass, 15 plus characters for 20 bucks is a steal.

Be sure to download the free characters Blake and Yang even if you don't get the DLC. I bought the full DLC package because I love this game.

User Info: FFFanatic1234

FFFanatic1234
10 months ago#8
I'm liking it so far...

But I'm also the kind of gamer who can have fun against the CPU ad nauseam. I like making flashy combos.
Official Sabin of the Final Fantasy XV board.
3DS Friend Code: 2019-9677-1839

User Info: DrHolland

DrHolland
10 months ago#9
The game isnt that great. It is severly lacking in game modes. Pretty much only get vs mode and survival mode. There is a episode mode but its complete junk! That is no way to do a story mode.

If your sole purpose is to just play with people online then get it. It can be fun to play against others, but if you want offline play you get pretty much nothing and will be bored of the game really quick as there isnt really anything to offline

User Info: RollerBob

RollerBob
9 months ago#10
Tried the demo, and my biggest issue is about the controls... The fact that smart combos are built into the game isn't the problem; it's the fact that you cannot use a regular scheme is.

All 3 games (RWBY being excluded) used a 4-attack scheme... and they decided to make it a "2.5-attack scheme". The Clash button acts as a heavy attack while jumping or crouching, but a slow Clash attack while standing. The Partner and Tag buttons are separate inputs, when they could have been merged and any special move using the Partner button could have been relegated to special inputs with Tag. Furthermore, many Command moves and Special moves are usable only during Smart combos; if you were accustomed to use these attacks on their own, you're out of luck.

If the game offered each respective game's scheme by default and smart combos as an option, it probably would have worked better.

Oh, and your distortion supers have the same button inputs as throws... leading to a LOT of misreading...
Yes, I'm Canadian. Yes, I speak french. Yes, I live in Quebec.
  • Topic Archived