• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: BottledWater05

BottledWater05
5 months ago#11
nominturddaddy posted...
Legitimate complaints about a modern product don't lose credibility just because a nostalgia trip convinces some people it's still the 90s.

QFT

User Info: megaman623

megaman623
5 months ago#12
nominturddaddy posted...
Legitimate complaints about a modern product don't lose credibility just because a nostalgia trip convinces some people it's still the 90s.
Tekken 7 - Leo/Lars, MKX - Cassie Cage, Soulcalibur VI - Ivy
Waiting for Makoto in SFV... :(

User Info: Bloodycard

Bloodycard
5 months ago#13
Rorgin posted...
I learned about the inferiority of console ports with X Men vs Street Fighter. I loved that game to death in arcades and convinced my little brother to pool our money to get it on PS1. Then reality hit that the PS1 didn't have the ability to have real tag matches and the graphics were way worse. I also learned that Wal Mart won't take back opened games that day. Double bummer.

I didn't like it much at first too, because there were alots of missing sprites (Gambit and Magneto come into mind) but even with not having the tag like in the arcade, it did not take me long to enjoy the game nonetheless, and Gambit was a monster in the ps1 version, the memories.
PSN Bloodycard / FGO 495,186,313 lv100 Edmond Dantes
FFRK tQ2a RW Orlandeau atk 641 Sword Saint USB

User Info: evenflow80

evenflow80
5 months ago#14
Gerehre posted...
evenflow80 posted...
Anyone here in their 30s like me and remembers the early/ mid 90s and how obsessive we are over the home ports of street fighter 2 and alphas ? We would anazlye each missing sprite , each sound effect, each pixel and generally we were happy despite the vastly inferior home versions. I still distinctly remember the exact moments I would rush to toys r us and back home to excitedly play street fighter 2 and turbo and super and to s lesser extent the snes version of alpha 2. I would spend months going over every screenshot in magazines and read every article I could find about upcoming update.

Just seeing all the people complaining on these boards over the collection. Geez we would have literally given an ARM to have just one of these games for homeplsy at this quality back in the early to mid 90s

Started following you. Well said. You touched a heart string with me. I'm 36 myself.

Thanks man ! I'm 36 too.
"Yadamblahblahblahbla" - Toadsworth in Super Mario Sunshine.

User Info: dafreestyleking

dafreestyleking
5 months ago#15
BottledWater05 posted...
nominturddaddy posted...

QFT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0j0lO7uQBo

User Info: Leo__87

Leo__87
5 months ago#16
Time changes. Nowdays you have perfect emulation on pretty much any PC and without spending a dime. You even have fightcade with a pretty damn good netcode, again, for free.
So, it's ok. I know those aren't the "right" methods. Capcom (in this case) decides to release a compilation of old games, you expect them to be like their free counterparts at least... But no, you have to pay for an inferior product. It's pretty logical to complaint. Back in the day, you couldn't because the console versions were the only way to play those games.
I'm 33 by the way. Still I like my games to be as high-quality as possible... I'd say even more than when I was younger.
Psn ID: Leo_piojoso87
- I'm an ocassional engrish writer XD-

User Info: THINKb4uACT

THINKb4uACT
5 months ago#17
I cried! I feel guilty, you got me!
If you keep playing the same game, dunno who to blame!

User Info: HopesPeak

HopesPeak
5 months ago#18
evenflow80 posted...
I would rush to toys r us and back home to excitedly play street fighter 2 and turbo and super and to s lesser extent the snes version of alpha 2.

You didn't have a PS1 to play Alpha 2 yet?
http://www.paradisehotel51.com

User Info: Gerehre

Gerehre
5 months ago#19
evenflow80 posted...
Gerehre posted...
evenflow80 posted...
Anyone here in their 30s like me and remembers the early/ mid 90s and how obsessive we are over the home ports of street fighter 2 and alphas ? We would anazlye each missing sprite , each sound effect, each pixel and generally we were happy despite the vastly inferior home versions. I still distinctly remember the exact moments I would rush to toys r us and back home to excitedly play street fighter 2 and turbo and super and to s lesser extent the snes version of alpha 2. I would spend months going over every screenshot in magazines and read every article I could find about upcoming update.

Just seeing all the people complaining on these boards over the collection. Geez we would have literally given an ARM to have just one of these games for homeplsy at this quality back in the early to mid 90s

Started following you. Well said. You touched a heart string with me. I'm 36 myself.

Thanks man ! I'm 36 too.

But of course. Heh. I'm XolinXZ if you want to fight!
~ Conan! What is best in life? "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!!!!~

User Info: Taitao

Taitao
5 months ago#20
I've been gaming since the 70's so going to the Arcades was a good hangout spot with friends. The console SF2 experience was the day I got SF2 Dash with Turbo on the Super Famicom. It was a great collection at the time.
The cartridge days. No loadings, or input lag, or waiting for the games to start up.

I bet some people here remember the 10 star speed code.
HSF2:AE++
  • Topic Archived