• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Bayonetta 3
  3. Will this surpass the new DMC?

User Info: luminion187

luminion187
3 months ago#1
Everyones losing their minds over the new DMC game.
http://i.imgur.com/9odcRZ5.gifv

User Info: Duey

Duey
3 months ago#2
Doesn't need to surpass a new entry from a different game series but it SHOULD aim to be a better sequel for its own.

User Info: evilashxero

evilashxero
3 months ago#3
This is by Kamiya...so, it has a good chance.

I hope they're both good. DMC has designs much more to my liking, but Bayonetta's gameplay is nuts. Let's see if DMC can take it to another level.
NO REFUGE

User Info: Hades192

Hades192
3 months ago#4
No because the two game I've played aside from throwbacks is BotW and Mario and the game cater more for short term play.

Zelda, Mario and I'm assuming Bayonetta 3 will be developed for the Switch and the mobility factor may likely keep the levels on the shorter side while also toning down the gameplay; which I hope isn't the case!

I was leaning heavy on this game prior to DMCV announcement of which I'll most likely prefer due to preferences. Though, I did buy a Switch primarily due to the confirmation of Bayonetta 3!

User Info: BehemothBaby

BehemothBaby
3 months ago#5
Duey posted...
Doesn't need to surpass a new entry from a different game series but it SHOULD aim to be a better sequel for its own.

They are the same type of games.

Anyway I dont see P* doing better than Bayonetta 2.
DMC5 has shown some really impressive combat mechanics.

Duey
3 months ago#6
BehemothBaby posted...
They are the same type of games.

Show me Dodge Offset and WT in DMC.

I dont see P* doing better than Bayonetta 2.

Bayo 2 didn't even do much better than 1 aside from cutting down the qtes and adding actual weapon variety that doesn't consist of mainly SF skins.

BehemothBaby
3 months ago#7
Duey posted...
Dodge Offset

Table hopper.
Duey posted...
WT

Quicksilver.

Duey posted...
Bayo 2 didn't even do much better than 1 aside from cutting down the qtes and adding actual weapon variety that doesn't consist of mainly SF skins.

Platinum have exhausted their bag of tricks throughout the years.
Bayonetta 2 is the culmination of all the mechanics they learned.

Nier Automata shows that they are running out of mechanics and their gimmick of 'dodge reward' is getting stale.

Let's see what they do with B3.

User Info: DevilNinjaNetta

DevilNinjaNetta
3 months ago#8
BehemothBaby posted...
Duey posted...
Dodge Offset

Table hopper.
Duey posted...
WT

Quicksilver.

Duey posted...

Platinum have exhausted their bag of tricks throughout the years.
Bayonetta 2 is the culmination of all the mechanics they learned.

Nier Automata shows that they are running out of mechanics and their gimmick of 'dodge reward' is getting stale.

Let's see what they do with B3.

Nero's Table Hopper isn't even remotely like Dodge Offset. Do you even play Bayonetta? Let alone know how to Dodge Offset? I can't believe you actually equated the two. Also, Quicksilver and Witch Time are obviously comparable but that doesn't make them the exact same thing. Not to mention, Quicksilver is only in DMC3 so far and you have to give up access to another style just to use it. Style-switching mod on PC obviously doesn't count, either.
Naught's had, all's spent, where our desire is got without content.

Duey
3 months ago#9
BehemothBaby posted...
Table hopper.

You must be joking.

Quicksilver

Doesn't follow the same rules of WT

Is locked as a single style

And is only usable as DMC3 Dante.

When the mechanic is completely abusable since there's no penalty for mashing the dodging button over and over of course one wouldn't think highly of it that and Automata's open world with rpg s*** thrown in the middle so yeah the combat's gonna suffer because of it

BehemothBaby
3 months ago#10
DevilNinjaNetta posted...
Nero's Table Hopper isn't even remotely like Dodge Offset

Duey posted...
You must be joking.

Table hopper dash frames instantly cancel into attack frames. They function the same as dodge offset.
  1. Boards
  2. Bayonetta 3
  3. Will this surpass the new DMC?
  • Topic Archived